RC poster

Cool How much "horsepower" does my X-Maxx 8S with 2x4S 6700mah has?

Hey,

I got my new X-Maxx 8S with 2 of the 6700mah 4S lipos and asked myself, how much horsepower or output-power it has ?
    Can anybody explain?

Thanks.

Larry

an interesting question, let's think out loud (and correct me if any of this is wrong)...

I don't know the output of the vxl-8s, but the hobbywing is rated for 160amps continuous.
    8s is 29.6 volts.
    160a*29.6v=4800watts.
    745.7watts=1hp.
    4800watts/745.7=6.4hp.

would that be the theoretical output of the speed controller?
    I have no idea where to start with what the motor can do.
    youtube: rizzodtheRCvlogger

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rizz0d View Post
    an interesting question, let's think out loud (and correct me if any of this is wrong)...

I don't know the output of the vxl-8s, but the hobbywing is rated for 160amps continuous.
    8s is 29.6 volts.
    160a*29.6v=4800watts.
    745.7watts=1hp.
    4800watts/745.7=6.4hp.

That's probably close. 160a is the only number avail without data logging from the esc. Someone with a castle esc posted logs on the 6S here
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...lled-with-logs

Very within reason to expect 6000 watts on 8S, 8-ish hp.

RC Racer
    There is a sweet dyno that mcpappyracing makes. I feel it's a bit pricey. I was considering purchasing it as I got all these ESC's and motors that I've been testing, it would be nice to be able to add more data to my findings; more than just motor A is faster and runs cooler than motor B.

If enough of you know each other you could all pitch in some money, buy 1 that has all the options and mail it around to each other.
    de oppresso liber

RC Racer
    When i was using the monster x esc it told you horsepower in the datalog. On 6s i believe it was making like 4.3 horse. No idea what 8 would make.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rizz0d View Post

8s is 29.6 volts.
    160a*29.6v=4800watts.
    745.7watts=1hp.
    Thats the minimum amount of horsepower you would produce. A fully charged cell = 4.2 volts.
    4800watts/745.7=6.4hp.

That would be the amount of HP it would produce if the lips were at minimum voltage. At full charge, the Hobby wing would produce around 7.2 horsepower since a fully charged LiPo cell = 4.2 Volts.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Thats what the esc is capable of pushing? Or is that the hp of motor??? Wish i knew more about this stuff haha.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...