RC Enthusiast

Gtr shock length????

Went to get some ordered for my slash 4x4 and they said there were 2 lengths. Whts is best for a lcg chassis and why?

XL in the front and XXL in the rear. It will sit funny if you get anything else.
    "Gone racing"

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you both for the help. Much appreciated

RC Enthusiast
    Any recommended spring rates? One set for bashing and one set for bashing?

The Losi variable spring rate kit. You get 4 different sets of springs for front and back.
    "Gone racing"

It's actually Long and XXL. There is no XL shocks.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC Enthusiast

XXL's in front too!

I have been running the XXL front and rear now for a few runs. I found out about it on this forum so research it a bit if you want. I was unhappy with the limited front travel and putting the rears in front gave me several more mm's of droop. I got VG racing springs for all corners and yes, even with no preload in front, it sits a bit higher. But on our makeshift course of rough grass and dirt, the extra grip from the front is very noticeable and landing from the small berm jumps are much softer. I also added the variable valve kit to all of the shocks. There are much better instructions about this than I can give in other threads. I wish I had found them before purchasing the long GTR's, but then I may use them if running pavement as you can get the front ride height a bit lower. It only takes a couple of mins to change them.

Do yourself a favor and research the GTR shock threads a bit before buying shocks. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by RazorRC22 View Post
    It's actually Long and XXL. There is no XL shocks.
    Whoops, thanks for that Razor.
    "Gone racing"

XXL front and rear is the best overall, but you really should put a rear shock tower in the front for proper performance.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm really happy with the improvement so far...just don't want to change too much at once. Shocks are mounted inside top and outside bottom and very little preload in front. Difference of night and day so far. I'm going to play with the back a bit now and go from here. Thanks for the idea Razor

RC Enthusiast
    I have GTRs in Long and XX Long on my standard Slash 4x4... I have the black springs now with the factory fluid and Have one softer and one harder... So far I have been on the blacks only... and my sway bar kit comes this week for it..hope to leave it a little less tipsy... the LCG truck of mine i can hold wide open all day... the standard I use more finesse. Worst case...LCG conversion may be in my works..I can add that my LCG truck has the Big Bores and I will be going to the GTR setup on that truck too.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SlashMaxx4x4 View Post
    The Losi variable spring rate kit. You get 4 different sets of springs for front and back.
    Any part number you can provide? My LHS has no idea.

RC Racer
    Google is your friend. LOSB2963 is for the rear and LOSB2959 is for the fronts.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    Stampede 4X4 2700kv
    Xmaxx (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by troyhebert View Post

I'd recommend just getting the front springs. They're already XXL and are actually a little too long for the fronts unless you like your truck all jacked up or it's super heavy.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by troyhebert View Post

Thanks. I am new to this and dont want to purchase the wrong parts. If my LHS doesn't know.....i definitely don't know.