RC Enthusiast

Offically christened my Slash! Broke something.

Hi Guys,

Well it took a week but I broke it. After looking at the exploded diagram and parts list, it looks like I have broken the Wheelie Bar Mount part #3677.

I was looking to get some suggestions on if there is anything better than the Traxxas part available from the aftermarket. Is there anything else I should replace along with this?

It is a 2 wheel drive model; brushed, and running 2S lipo. Thank you all in advance for the time. Have a great night!

Respectfully,

George D.

RC Racer
    RPM parts are great aftermarket parts. Still plastic but hold up better.

https://www.amazon.com/RPM-Wheelie-E.../dp/B001PJNNQI

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the input, Mark. It seems like RPM is the way to go. I have heard the same recommendation from others.

Thanks again! Have a great day!

just be careful. Although it is RPM, I have broken 2 of their wheelie bat mounts especially due to landings on the rear end. Try to minimize those and you will be good to go.
    and RC pilots say RC cars can't fly!

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you for the heads up, Swag. Does anyone make a aluminum wheelie bar mount or is that a bad idea?

RC Qualifier
    even if you manage to break an RPM part you can send it in and they will send you a replacement

Yes. I sent mine in after it broke and they replaced it, completely free of charge. The shipping was kinda slow though. After the 2nd one broke I just decided to buy one more brand new and try to keep it in good condition. You definetly need loctite, and on various occasions I noticed screws backing out or even lost.

Overall I like the RPM wheelie bar mount over stock, but I am generally not the biggest fan of their mount. I don't know of any aluminum ones, but please post up a link if you come across one.
    and RC pilots say RC cars can't fly!

RC Racer
    you can try an rpm bumper, then later get a low visiblity wheelie bar
    Slash Vxl
    Vintage Rustler