RC Competitor

Question How to fix body and tires? (If itīs possible)

Hi guys
    Can anyone tell me the best way to fix this?
    Donīt want to buy at least for now a new body and tires! Iīve tried fiberglass but it seems that after a while it starts to get out and the tires I think with some super glue will tear up again when it starts to do the ballon! Any suggestions?
    thank you

keep on bashing!
    [/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

RC Racer
    IMHO, that body is too far gone. As far as the tire goes, you could try and re-glue it and more than likely if you do a good job it may hold up for awhile. If it were me however, I would get new wheel/tires as it wouldn't be worth my time to do a major repair like that one needs.

RC Qualifier
    Part-damaged shells can be repaired using mesh and Shoe Goo, but that one's had it I'm afraid mate.
    Wheels - I think gluing would imbalance them and they'd rip apart - replace.
    Nice to save a few pennies I understand, but this is a good opportunity to 'go Proline' if you wished.
    Those belted tyres should take a hammering.
    Body's not much different to the stock one, just a bit more realistic.

Al.

RC Racer
    Something else to note, when you get the new body you should reinforce the inside with either the shoo goo/fiberglass tape method or brush on bedliner. My original body has taken a beaten and has held up well considering how much time it ends up on its lid. I plan on trying the brush on herculiner for my next body that I will paint sometime soon.

RC Enthusiast
    Super glue will hold up the tires for a bit, but it will rip apart again .

As for the body in the words of Uncle Si "SHE GONE" lol

Bed liner is a great way to help the body last longer tho it does add a decent amount of weight. I use the spray on stuff goes way quicker

The best way to fix what you have there is to get your wallet out and buy replacements.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Racer
    Yea...Sadly, it's time to spend some money. Don't feel bad about it, though. Can tell you're having fun with your truck. If you're not breaking it, you're really not doing anything. New bodies and tires are something you're going to need to buy over and over. I've got a feeling you'll buy them less and less often over time, though. My stock tires are almost done, and have been replaced. Probably need a new body myself after a couple more good sessions.

I think I'd start over.

You can pick up blank x lids for about $55- $60 shipped. Then you can paint it whatever hue you'd like and then goo it.

Perhaps I was a bit hasty. (lol) Maybe just a tad or two of duct tape here and there would do the trick. (lol)
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Perhaps I was a bit hasty. (lol) Maybe just a tad or two of duct tape here and there would do the trick. (lol)
    Well, since vice grips won't do the job...duct tape is the next best, lol.