RC Qualifier

Brand New Slash 4x4 - Possible problems out of the box??

This thing is bigger then I thought!! lol

Anyways, Just taken quick look and am waiting for some upgrades to arrive, so not out to drive until upgraded with a few bits, but in the meantime I switched on the unit to test and noticed the following two possible issues.

Maybe its normal, but considering its my first Slash I wanted to run it by you more experienced guys!

1. When the wheels are turned I get a strange, rather loud, noise from the vehicle. Not sure why I get this noise, but is it normal??

Heres a quick video - you may need to turn the vol up, but you hear it while the wheels are in a turned position.....

Can only post one video so will continue in next post.....

RC Qualifier
    The noise comes from here - sometimes stops when I pick it up:

RC Qualifier
    The other 'issue' is when I push the vehicle, switched off, it doesn't feel or sound smooth at all. At higher speed its fine, just when pushed slowly. Is this normal??

Thanks for your comments in advance.

RC Enthusiast
    I think those are normal...I experience those with my Ultimate and my son's Platinum. If they aren't normal, then I have the same problems too.
    Slash 4x4 Ultimate

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by LilDavy View Post
    I think those are normal...I experience those with my Ultimate and my son's Platinum. If they aren't normal, then I have the same problems too.
    Makes me feel better! lol

No worries. The drivetrain is supposed to sound like that... if it are super worried call traxxas
    and RC pilots say RC cars can't fly!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    The other 'issue' is when I push the vehicle, switched off, it doesn't feel or sound smooth at all. At higher speed its fine, just when pushed slowly. Is this normal??

It sounds to me like it could be one of two things. Either one of the diffs has a little bit of a burr on it( not a big deal and will probably wear itself in .
    OR your spur and pinion mesh is too tight. I usually set my mesh by sound and I roll the truck with power off to adjust it it to where it sounds "right"
    One other possibility is I have noticed stock traxxas spur gears for these trucks have a little run out to them and don't run perfectly true. So they tend to hang up and catch on one part of the revolution.
    I Don't think any of the above are a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post

This is absolutely normal. The Slash 4x4 comes with a 4 pole motor. That is the sound of the magnets in the motor. You have nothing to worry about.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    Awesome - really appreciate it guys.
    Thanks!

Now for those mods to arrive!!.....

its so posed to sound like that it happens to me too.
    SLAM!
    "That Tree jumped right in front of me"

RC Racer
    First video; your servo is pushing the wheels back into place. That's normal. Almost every, if not all, servo's you buy is going to do that.

Second video, as stated before, the magnets inside the motor catching each other. That's what happens when you get a motor with more then 2 poles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Traxxas Slash 4x4
    Traxxas Blast