Thread: Out of stock

RC Racer

Out of stock

I am a regular Tower Hobbies customer, and wanted to buy a ton of Rustler and Tmaxx parts last night. I quickly noticed most of the Traxxas parts I wanted were out of stock. Anyone else notice that too? Must be a good thing meaning the hobby is thriving quite well. First time I have noticed just about everything was out of stock. Even the nitro engines I was looking at.
    Traxxas E-Revo,Traxxas Rustler VXL,Traxxas T-Maxx

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by SandSlinger View Post
    I am a regular Tower Hobbies customer, and wanted to buy a ton of Rustler and Tmaxx parts last night. I quickly noticed most of the Traxxas parts I wanted were out of stock. Anyone else notice that too? Must be a good thing meaning the hobby is thriving quite well. First time I have noticed just about everything was out of stock. Even the nitro engines I was looking at.
    I went to hobby bench a few weeks ago and they were out of body clips for my slash..really out of body clips
    I called today and ask for a part for my Xmaxx and guess what..Out of stock

I try to support my LHS ...but if i can get what I need n pay more to have it right away...might as well buy online

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GorillaAssazin; 04-20-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Out of stock

Several plants that make RC parts were shut down, this has hurt most supply chains for full kits and parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    Well I was going to take some of my fleet out this weekend. Guess I better keep it easy so I don't break anything lol
    Stampede 4x4/Slash 4x4/Xmaxx/Alias/GT

RC Racer
    Thanks for the info Scott. Any idea why they were shut down?
    Traxxas E-Revo,Traxxas Rustler VXL,Traxxas T-Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by SandSlinger View Post
    Thanks for the info Scott. Any idea why they were shut down?
    From what I have heard from a couple of different sources is that the plants were using underage workers, and got shut down by their government(s). Traxxas, Losi (Horizon), and Axial were all effected, along with a few others, with Axial being the hardest hit, totally stopping production on everything they make. Other than having production in SE Asia, this really is no fault of the RC makers, the plants are supposed to be above board and operating within international guidelines and their local labor laws.

I cannot speak for other companies, but Traxxas does not employ underage workers in any of our operations.
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

interesting.

I've been following the axial-outage on another forum and they just keep saying something to the effect of "we're changing factories."

is traxxas changing factories too? I just looked at towerhobbies and there are 121 current traxxas models showing, I counted and 98 of them are out of stock or limited quantities.
    youtube: rizzodtheRCvlogger

RC Enthusiast
    Tower Hobbies always seems to have limited Quantities its mostly Tamiya I see. My guess is since most of the stuff is made in Japan not as many factory's? I don't know . But I hardly see Traxxas Have low quantities so when ever I see parts or Accessories out of stock. I usually wonder why as well.
    03 Accord EXV6 Sedan
    Smooth As Silk

Quote Originally Posted by TireSlinger View Post
    I cannot speak for other companies, but Traxxas does not employ underage workers in any of our operations.
    I would surely think a company, especially Traxxas would not employ underage workers. I think that accusation is totally false. Traxxas I'm sure, is a multi million dollar a year business. Am sure they are smarter than that. I have to agree with you Slinger! Just sayin!
    Last edited by lektro; 04-22-2017 at 09:49 AM.
    Choose Life !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    I would surely think a company, especially Traxxas would not employ underage workers. I think that accusation is totally false. Traxxas I'm sure, is a multi million dollar a year business. Am sure they are smarter than that. I have to agree with you Slinger! Just sayin!
    Tire Slinger was making a point about Traxxas itself. However, Traxxas does not own the factories overseas where parts are made, those factories are contracted to make parts. So no, Traxxas does not hire underage workers, nor do the condone the practice. However, the fact remains that those plants were shut down due to labor violations.

Please feel free to read the last sentence of #6.

Any idea when the companies will be producing R/C's again? Is this permanent? Or just temporary?
    "Gone racing"

Quote Originally Posted by SlashMaxx4x4 View Post
    Any idea when the companies will be producing R/C's again? Is this permanent? Or just temporary?
    From what I heard, temporary. It's just the process of finding someone else to make parts. Seems like Traxxas was less impacted by this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    From what I heard, temporary. It's just the process of finding someone else to make parts. Seems like Traxxas was less impacted by this problem.

Well thats a relief.
    "Gone racing"

From what I have heard from a couple of different sources is that the plants were using underage workers, and got shut down by their government(s). Traxxas, Losi (Horizon), and Axial were all effected, along with a few others, with Axial being the hardest hit, totally stopping production on everything they make. Other than having production in SE Asia, this really is no fault of the RC makers, the plants are supposed to be above board and operating within international guidelines and their local labor laws.
    Got it Scott Thanks for setting me straight!
    Choose Life !!!

Tire Slinger was making a point about Traxxas itself. However, Traxxas does not own the factories overseas where parts are made, those factories are contracted to make parts. So no, Traxxas does not hire underage workers, nor do the condone the practice. However, the fact remains that those plants were shut down due to labor violations.

Please feel free to read the last sentence of #6.
    Not sure about Traxxas, but I do know for a fact that many Manufacturing contracts will stipulate age requirements as well as safety regulation guidelines....
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Not sure about Traxxas, but I do know for a fact that many Manufacturing contracts will stipulate age requirements as well as safety regulation guidelines....
    Yup, but not an uncommon problem in the part of the world. My wife worked for a company a few years back that had their products made over there, they always had problems like this. They get production up and running with one plant and then it would get shut down due to labor laws, switch to another (to a couple of months to get the QC up to par), then that one would get shut down. The only thing worse for the company is expecting a big shipment to fill back orders and their conex box is filled with refugees instead of product. Again, no fault of the company, just what happens.

RC Qualifier
    Well I'm in need of some of theses back order parts. It is what it is but I'm still not happy about it. If I throw a fit maybe someone will listen. This is why I stock up on some things for reasons like this.