RC Qualifier

MIP X-DUTY or Tekno M6 CVDs?

To be used mainly for racing with the odd bit of bashing.

Was leaning towards MIPs but Ive read rubbing issues with aluminium carriers (which I also wanted to get).

Tekno M6's are more easily available to me, and Ive read they are lighter. I believe they come with carriers - anyone had any issues with the carriers etc??
    Also read these can pop out of place more easily then the MIPs?

So, which to go for??!

RC Enthusiast
    Based on previous experience; I would personally stay with MIP. That is what my Slash's will have when the time comes.

I have MIPs and aluminum carriers..nothing rubs anywhere. With that said, if you're racing I would think the Tekno is a better fit due to the weight of the MIP. I've never had Tekno but I think the issue with them popping out was related to RPM arms flexing too much, I think with stock arms they're fine.I'm sure someone else will chime in to help you with that question. Good luck!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Qualifier
    I have the tekno cvd and its a great kit.
    you must use stock a arms, they don't recommend rpm.

also you may need to put a band or heat shrink over the pin insertion on the hub, if converting to 17mm hexes, and use only tekno 17mm hub conversion kit.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcuda69 View Post
    I have MIPs and aluminum carriers..nothing rubs anywhere.
    This sounds promising - not racing professionally or anything, just casually with friends, but I would prefer the aluminium carriers, so if MIPs didn't rub they would be my ideal choice......

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by stick View Post
    I have the tekno cvd and its a great kit.
    you must use stock a arms, they don't recommend rpm.

also you may need to put a band or heat shrink over the pin insertion on the hub, if converting to 17mm hexes, and use only tekno 17mm hub conversion kit.
    Will look into this, thanks!
    Have you had any issues with the carriers that come with the Teckno kit??
    Although I was learning towards the MIPs, the Teckno's are more readily available to me.....

RC Racer
    +1 on Tekno. I love them. Just like the old school RC10 shafts.

Just installed the Tekno big bone center drive shaft a few minutes ago in my sl4sh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mip and tekno need stock arms. I had tons of flex in my rpms from my mip's. Love em though. Super heavy duty. I shredded 3 stock shafts in about 2 months.
    I also have aluminum carriers. The previous owner had massive rubbing on the carriers but he didn't have any spacers preventing it.
    Wouldn't recommend the mip 17mm hex conversion kit though just as a heads up. I would use hot racing adapters if you're interested. Good luck!

I run both and they're both top notch, given a choice I would go Tekno. For brute strength the mip's may prevail but at a price.
    Mips are much heavier as well as bulky, Teknos are light and extremely strong, much stronger then one would think by just looking at them. Tekno 17mm adapters are second to none imo should this ever be something your looking at in the future.
    If you want to build a 6s 2200kv beast I'd say go with Mips without a second thought, should 4s be all the higher you ever plan to go Tekno can take the beating; they'll hold up to 6s as well but I think Mip would be better for any ultra over powered MT slash.
    Either one you'll get a product you'll be happy with.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    I think Im going to go for the tekno's - can I do anything with the carriers, or are the ones that come with the Tekno M6's good enough?

Will eventually be going to 3s, but not beyond (will be getting an XMAXX soon for anything higher )

Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    I think Im going to go for the tekno's - can I do anything with the carriers, or are the ones that come with the Tekno M6's good enough?

Will eventually be going to 3s, but not beyond (will be getting an XMAXX soon for anything higher )

Pro-line are not bad either and you can use the aluminum carriers. The are lightweight as well.

MIP Race-Duty are "kinda like" Tekno M6 if you don't want as much weight as X-Duty.

MIP X-Duty should allow you to forget about your axles and worry about other stuff. Just a little clean up here and now.

My X-Duty Axles are going to get a REALLY GOOD TEST this weekend with a Castle 2028! I'll let you know how they stand up to 10+ HP!

-Shack
    Last edited by shack351; 04-21-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shack351 View Post

MIP Race-Duty are "kinda like" Tekno M6 if you don't want as much weight as X-Duty.

-Shack
    I heard MIP was discontinuing the race duty line. Their website seems to support that. Looks like a few pieces left. I also heard a lot of people had problems with the Race Duty stuff. I wouldn't buy them as I doubt there will be repair pieces if needed.The X-Duty is bullet proof.

http://www.miponline.com/cgi-miponli...ace+duty+axles
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

MIP discontinued their aluminum Race Dutys and now replaced them with their new steel Race Duty axles.

They are still only rated for 2S racing.

MIPs statement:
    *WARNING* - MIP RACE DUTY CVD™ Kits are design for no more than 2s Lipo batteries (7.4v).
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC poster
    I used to break the stock carriers frequently. The tekno carriers are also plastic and come with 1 oversized bearing. I have only broke one front tekno carrier. I run tekno on both my slashes, one with castle 3800kv and the other with 2400kv.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    MIP discontinued their aluminum Race Dutys and now replaced them with their new steel Race Duty axles.

They are still only rated for 2S racing.

MIPs statement:
    *WARNING* - MIP RACE DUTY CVD™ Kits are design for no more than 2s Lipo batteries (7.4v).
    Gotcha! Thanks for the clarification!!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

the mip vs tekno argument is riddled with anecdotal information.
    i own both, run both and pretty much would prefer tekno cvd for the majority of my bashing only based on weight and the fact that i have never gone beyond 3s with these vehicles.
    if you bash your truck beyond the limit, run extreme power (6s) or are paranoid and overbuild regardless of weight mips are perfect for you!
    the other thing i like about tekno is their 17mm conversion kit which is very good.
    sl4sh 2200 / p4de 2400

I have race dutys in my slash 2whl. They are bad. I bent one like a pretzel on 2s on a AstroTurf track.
    smooth is fast

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    Will look into this, thanks!
    Have you had any issues with the carriers that come with the Teckno kit??
    Although I was learning towards the MIPs, the Teckno's are more readily available to me.....
    no issues with the carriers and I like the adjustability of them.
    I drag race mine on 6s. haven't tried the tekno on 8s yet tho.

if you only going to use 3s, stock axles should be fine.

save your money for nice quality lipo

RC Racer
    I have MIP X Duties and aluminum carriers, and they've never rubbed. They work great, and none have broke in the several crashes they've been through.

Slash 4x4 Ultimate