RC poster

Interchangeable bodies

Hi
    Iím new here so please be gentle

I am looking at buying a TRX-4 and have found one in good second hand condition at a good price. I had set my heart on the Defender, but this is a Bronco (which was my second choice). My question is, and I apologise if this has already been covered, are the bodies fully interchangeable so I can buy myself the defender body? I assume they are but want the definitive answer from the experts.
    Many thanks
    Gary

What is a good price?

From what I understand they are interchangeable however different posts may be needed...I'm not sure on that part.
    The Defender body is much more costly than the Bronco though. Unless you're set on the Defender specifically, I'd also take a look at some of the various hard bodies available that can fit as well.

RC poster
    Ok thanks for that. The guy is asking £40 for it. I have somebody going to check it out for me as I can’t get away to go myself. If it’s a good one it’s a bargain at that price

Quote Originally Posted by Gary3306 View Post
    Ok thanks for that. The guy is asking £40 for it. I have somebody going to check it out for me as I can’t get away to go myself. If it’s a good one it’s a bargain at that price
    I'm not sure what that is in US dollars but it sounds like quite a good deal.

My rule for myself is never pay more than half new for used no matter how well taken care of or how many extras it has in upgrades.

RC poster
    Works out at a couple of cents over $50

Quote Originally Posted by Gary3306 View Post
    Works out at a couple of cents over $50
    You can't go wrong with that! Even if it's only good for parts!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    You can't go wrong with that! Even if it's only good for parts!
    My thoughts exactly ��

No, you cannot readily swap between the Bronco and Defender bodies.

1. The Defender and the Bronco bodies have different wheel bases (WB), the Defender's is 12.8", and the Bronco's is 12.3". You will need to get the long WB kit to go from a Bronco to a Defender.

2. The wheel wells are different. The wheel wells on the Bronco are mounted on the chassis; the wheel wells on the Defender are mounted on the body.

There are a few more minor differences that would have to be dealt with to make the change, but the ones above are the two things that would have to be change first.

But, for $50 (ish), I would get it anyways. It would be a great platform to build something off of.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post

1. The Defender and the Bronco bodies have different wheel bases (WB), the Defender's is 12.8", and the Bronco's is 12.3". You will need to get the long WB kit to go from a Bronco to a Defender.

2. The wheel wells are different. The wheel wells on the Bronco are mounted on the chassis; the wheel wells on the Defender are mounted on the body.

There are a few more minor differences that would have to be dealt with to make the change, but the ones above are the two things that would have to be change first.

But, for $50 (ish), I would get it anyways. It would be a great platform to build something off of.
    Good to know! Thanks!
    I thought the wheelbase was adjustable on them and didn't think about all the other stuff needed. The LHS made it sound simple to swap bodies, but I've never tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    Good to know! Thanks!
    I thought the wheelbase was adjustable on them and didn't think about all the other stuff needed. The LHS made it sound simple to swap bodies, but I've never tried it.
    The TRX4 back shock towers have four different mounting positions that allows a lot of flexibility. This, along with factory link sets makes the WBs on TRX4s are likely the easiest to adjust of any RC in its class. But, the process of changing the WB takes a couple of hours, and isn't just a quick swap of a couple of parts.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier

All the right answers. You can always buy a defender and a bronco. Having two is always better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike mechanic View Post
    All the right answers. You can always buy a defender and a bronco. Having two is always better.
    Your words are GOLD! I live by them!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike mechanic View Post
    Ahaaa! I like your thinking

RC poster

Great info, thanks for that.

RC Racer
    Carisma (and hope its ok to post) has an F150 crawler with a very detailed body. They come in orange and tan or blue and silver. Go to their site and they're have a sale on the painted ones for $48.99 US. It's their site in China so to you shipping might not be too bad cost wise.