Thread: Can't wait!

RC Qualifier

Can't wait!

This will be my first on-road car. Can't wait to get my hands on one and put a brushless system in it

RC Qualifier
    a couple local shops here in houston are already talking about making a spec class for this car. it looks really solid. i am so in love with this thing. i hope to make it work in some VTA and USGT classes too. this will be my first On-read car that is not an off-road truck converted..

RC Qualifier
    I'm gonna get one I think. I am going to end up pulling my stock vxl system out of my Slash to put in it
    Stampede 4x4/Slash 4x4/Xmaxx/Alias/GT

RC Qualifier
    From the videos I've seen I'd like to keep it as is and run it brushed. Maybe use it as a track car and convert my slash 4x4 into my speed run. Decisions.

I don't have a on road car yet. Went and saw one at the LHS yesterday. Looked nice. Felt solid and somewhat heavy, albeit I have no on road car experience so the weight is my opinion. I think my driveway and street are to bumpy for this. It would be a pack it up and find a parking lot type of adventure. I cant decide what to do...
    Sla2hP4deXSummitRusty2TRX4Bigfoot#14TEC2.0Rally

Will any parts need to be upgraded to run it brushless? Gears, diff, etc
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    it has revo/xo-1 diffs, so it is just begging for that power. looks pretty quick stock though. hopefully i can get two and keep one stock and one stupid...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SL4SHGT8BASHER View Post
    a couple local shops here in houston are already talking about making a spec class for this car. it looks really solid. i am so in love with this thing. i hope to make it work in some VTA and USGT classes too. this will be my first On-read car that is not an off-road truck converted..
    You think if a lot of clubs get a spec class for this it will bring a lot of new people into on on road, like the Slash and subsequent SCTs did for off road?
    Also, any idea if this thing tuned right will be competitive in USGT or VTA?

RC Qualifier
    well i am extremely new to racing. barely new back into the hobby altogether. the guys on the local facebook group are pretty excited about the class and the possibility to bring new people in. when i asked about being competitive in other classes they pretty much said no way because it will be up against high-dollar X-rays and TC7's. i think they are bias.. they may be right about the upper levels, but i bet it could be a solid rig in VTA and USGT. probably would need some option parts to make the camber and toe more adjustable. i mean, if a TC4 is still competitive in those classes, and it is over a decade old, i'm sure this could be. i bet with a solid driver and good upgrade parts, this rig could compete against an X-ray or TC7. the main downside is that it's not belt-drive. but i am convinced driver ability is paramount in racing, with rig/tune maybe 15-20%. but like i said... just opinions from an old noob....

RC Qualifier
    well i am extremely new to racing. barely new back into the hobby altogether. the guys on the local facebook group are pretty excited about the class and the possibility to bring new people in. when i asked about being competitive in other classes they pretty much said no way because it will be up against high-dollar X-rays and TC7's. i think they are bias.. they may be right about the upper levels, but i bet it could be a solid rig in VTA and USGT. probably would need some option parts to make the camber and toe more adjustable. i mean, if a TC4 is still competitive in those classes, and it is over a decade old, i'm sure this could be. i bet with a solid driver and good upgrade parts, this rig could compete against an X-ray or TC7. the main downside is that it's not belt-drive. but i am convinced driver ability is paramount in racing, with rig/tune maybe 15-20%. but like i said... just opinions from an old noob....
    I'm also an old noob here.
    I visited my local onroad club, just to see what the classes and cars are like now, but have yet to get back into anything other than bashing. A lot of the guys there are running crazy exotic Awesomatix cars.
    When I still ran on-road RC12L and 10Ls were state of the art. LOL.

RC Qualifier
    it has revo/xo-1 diffs, so it is just begging for that power. looks pretty quick stock though. hopefully i can get two and keep one stock and one stupid...
    I think you meant to say one stupid and one stupider lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    I'm also an old noob here.
    I visited my local onroad club, just to see what the classes and cars are like now, but have yet to get back into anything other than bashing. A lot of the guys there are running crazy exotic Awesomatix cars.
    When I still ran on-road RC12L and 10Ls were state of the art. LOL.
    my last competitive racing was back in 94-95. i had an RC10T and it was mostly concrete oval, or the Hobbytown (back when there were like 5 in town, now just one) would setup a parking lot track. there was even a banked asphalt oval we went to. my buddy convinced his dad to get him a touring car too and i was so jealous. i don't remember what brand it was though.

now there is only one on-road track in houston, (technically 30 minutes North East but things are really spread out here) and about an hour and a half away from me, but my kids are getting old enough where i feel comfortable taking them to the track and not needing micro-supervision... two other on-road tracks in texas are also talking about a spec class for this, so it might be Hyuuuge

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by tallj2000 View Post
    I think you meant to say one stupid and one stupider lol
    I'd love to do the same but I don't have atleast $1000 on me lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadelvi View Post
    I'd love to do the same but I don't have atleast $1000 on me lol
    I know that feeling lol. I want one bad. I also need to finish my Slash project, want a Aton and a Trx-4. Right now I can only afford one. Tempted to sell the Stampede to help fund shorten that list.

RC Qualifier
    I saw the demo model at my LHS today. Very nice looking car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Does anyone know where I can get one? everywhere I look it's sold out . im dying to get my hands on one

They have not quite released them yet but soon rumored. You can pre-order one.
    Sla2hP4deXSummitRusty2TRX4Bigfoot#14TEC2.0Rally

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXDee View Post
    This will be my first on-road car. Can't wait to get my hands on one and put a brushless system in it
    I am still waiting my Car has been pre ordered & fully paid for since mid Feb & my HS owners still have no word on when the car is coming in stock.... Just wish the over seas factories would stop messing around & start building so everyone can get there cars & trucks....

Quote Originally Posted by grave75 View Post
    I am still waiting my Car has been pre ordered & fully paid for since mid Feb & my HS owners still have no word on when the car is coming in stock.... Just wish the over seas factories would stop messing around & start building so everyone can get there cars & trucks....
    I am in the same boat. I went by my LHS on Saturday and was told around 15 May.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    I am in the same boat. I went by my LHS on Saturday and was told around 15 May.
    Thanks GS I will pass along the date to my HS owners so they can get a delivery time frame... Just hope this car lives up to expectations I been reading about after all this waiting

Last night I was taking a hard look at my RC stable, realizing that I will be getting the TRX-4 as soon as come out, and wanting the new DX5R, something had to give. So, I am cancelling my preorder of the 4-Tec, and going to put the money towards the radio. I do really want this car, but there are times when you have to prioritize your hobbies, and two new RCs in one year is rare for me.

RC Qualifier
    I bought 3 this year with the possibility of the 4th. One Xmaxx and two drones. Buying 2 isn't bad lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tallj2000 View Post
    I bought 3 this year with the possibility of the 4th. One Xmaxx and two drones. Buying 2 isn't bad lol.
    It is more of a personal rule than anything, helps keep this hobby in check. Of course, right now my Lego-building hobby is way out of control. Plus, I just bought my second radio this year (DX6e & DX5R), so unless Traxxas drops another bombshell on us, the TRX-4 will be it, although I might buy another boat...

I must admit, a good deal of my enthusiasm for the 4-Tec went away when I saw that it has different offset wheels front to back. I was really looking forward to not playing that game and being able to just grab a couple of sets of street or drifting tires without having to worry about offsets.

RC Qualifier
    I can understand that rule. I put my lego collection on hold to fund to RC collection and I want the Ghostbusters firehouse bad.

I didn't know about the offset. Gonna have to be something I look into. I'm not one not gonna change tires often so it won't be as much of an issue.

I am however trying to figure out gearing changes for when I drop the vxl in. Of course without knowing the current gearing all I can do is guess the gearing for now. Using the stock gearing difference between the brushed and brushless versions of the slash and Rustler it's giving me a starting point.

RC Qualifier
    @ TallJ..... I am getting a Traxxas Brushless system with my car when it comes in stock ( whenever that is ) I plan on leaving the Stock Brushed system in for a little bit I am not going to tear into a brand new car I going to run mine with the brushed system 1st... & My HS owners said some Hobby Shop's around the country have already gotten there 1st shipments of the production run car's according to what there TRAXXAS Sales Rep said. But like I said before my HS don't expect the 4-Tec until end of May 1st week in June... My HS got one of those Demo 4-Tec's I did not even try it WHY I cant take it home so why be teased with it I just wait for my car

RC Champion
    Got the call today, mine is in, just can't go get it until Saturday afternoon.
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

RC Qualifier
    Got the Call my HS will have my GT Next Friday 5/19 from there supply house. My HS owner said there supply house is slowly getting the GT's IN STOCK but the supply house is delaying shipping to Hobby Shops until they can supply the amounts hobby shops ordered the GT for there inventory in our area there is currently 9 hobby shops within 100 mile radius that have GT's on order including my HS has 4 on order with 2 already paid for 1 of those paid 1s is mine & a possible 3rd one sold.