Looking for some 'Official' Perspective

Why the name change from '4-Tec 2.0' to 'Ford GT'?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

I bet they wanted to release their 4-Tec 2.0 in a good way, so they made a really good body for it and called it a Ford GT.

Marketing, bro. It's what they're good at.

Quote Originally Posted by MindBlown View Post
    I bet they wanted to release their 4-Tec 2.0 in a good way, so they made a really good body for it and called it a Ford GT.

Marketing, bro. It's what they're good at.
    But, what will if be called if they put another body on it, say they make a deal with Dodge and have a Challenger body on it? Will that get its own sub-forum too?

Its not marketing bro, its called contractual obligations, and in this case, makes no sense.

RC Qualifier

Cool

I was also wondering the same thing. Just too scared to bring it up. Seems like a 4-tec 2.0 thread would have made more sense. But who knows... Maybe they signed a very long/lucrative contract with ford. All I know is those 1/16 mustangs and camero's are worth a ton of money now. And super scarce. Maybe 5 or 6 years from now, I can horde a small fortune in gt bodies...

RC Champion
    Hmmmmm, maybe I should just stash away that Ford GT body from mine and pack it away for a couple years, since I'm.going to ditch it for the Protoform "J71" VTA AMC Javelin body anyway.
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoehandley View Post
    Hmmmmm, maybe I should just stash away that Ford GT body from mine and pack it away for a couple years, since I'm.going to ditch it for the Protoform "J71" VTA AMC Javelin body anyway.
    I'm a big fan of the Protoform VTA Javelin body.
    There are actually a lot of the VTA bodies I like.
    Are you planning on running yours in VTA or other on road class, or just mainly getting it as a parking lot cruiser?

RC Qualifier
    i'm totally getting a ford Mustang body. not sure if which one though. there are so many.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Protoform VTA Javelin body.
    There are actually a lot of the VTA bodies I like.
    Are you planning on running yours in VTA or other on road class, or just mainly getting it as a parking lot cruiser?
    No, mine is going to be a good time car that is meant to partially replicate a Javelin AMX I built in Forza 4 and Horizon I knicknamed "The Dark One"
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/938574...posted-public/

When I was still at the hobbyshop I used to work for, I had been collecting parts to build up a Vaterra V100 Silvia into a '69 Vette that is supposed to look like something that would have raced around the mountains of Malibu back in the late 60's through the 70's that is also going to be a good time car. After my employment at that store ended, so did much of my R/C activities, but that 4-Tec 2.0 should hopefully pull me out of that rut to finish getting the parts and start building that V100 to go along side it.

RC Qualifier
    man i miss Forza 4. i used to play that game for hours and hours. i had a Fanatec Wheel and seat and everything. good times. Forza 5; however, was terrible, so i bought a rustler and never looked back...

But wait... if it was comparable to the Raptor/slash deal, why does the GT have its own subforum?
    and RC pilots say RC cars can't fly!

RC Champion
    Almost 100% new car from the old 4-Tec, not just a new body on an old chassis.

Yet the name stays the same...
    and RC pilots say RC cars can't fly!

Almost 100% new car from the old 4-Tec, not just a new body on an old chassis.
    I wouldn't even say "almost 100%", it is completely a new car, and not in love with the name "4-tec", so calling it something new does make sense. What doesn't make sense is naming it solely off of the body. Take the new TRX-4, this, to me, makes sense, its the name of the chassis. From there, you have the "Discovery" version that is named after the Land Rover body, and so on.

RC Champion
    From what I saw Saturday, it does share some shock parts to the orginal E4T and N4T! Those are the only pieces it appears to share though unless the plastic or bronze 5x8 bushings are hiding in there somewhere..........

RC Champion
    Name wise, think of it like comparing the 1/1 FSJ, XJ, and KL Cherokees, same name but 3 completely different rigs.

RC Competitor
    From what I saw Saturday, it does share some shock parts to the orginal E4T and N4T! Those are the only pieces it appears to share though unless the plastic or bronze 5x8 bushings are hiding in there somewhere..........
    Exploded views show bushings in the steering bell crank. Whats up with that Traxxas?
    Slash 4x4 XMaxx Ford GT TRX-4 UDR

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by halfspeede View Post
    Exploded views show bushings in the steering bell crank. Whats up with that Traxxas?
    That isn't too big of a deal, $6-$7 for the Traxxas 5x8's and they appear easy to get at!

There is no traxxas raptor forum, I see what your saying. Probably will get changed when/if there are other versions.
    ------
    How to Rc: Send them high, watch them die.