RC poster

Boat leans, also other issue

So I've installed every part from boat blitz. Everything looks awesome, just took it for a run and here are my 2 issues so far.

1, boat leans to the right real bad, looks like the motor torque. I will adjust a trim tab and see if that works.

2, boat was full of water after a 5 min run and looks like the engine

RC poster
    Not sure why it stopped.

Looks like the Boat Bitz coolant jacket is leaking. Maybe I need zip ties on the hoses

RC Racer
    Some water is typical according to Traxxas, you can get water in from several places, top hatch, servo boot , drain holes in the back. My jacket leaked when I first got the 41 but after a bunch of runs it seems the algae and minerals has formed a seal in the jacket and I put grease in the servo boot. They have aftermarket alum boots if you are wanting complete dry, but that probably won't happen.

RC Qualifier
    My 41 gets just a little bit of water inside I just tip the boat on end let the water drain & bring the boat home and use compressed air to dry the inside out. I also wipe down my 41 completely with a Lexan body wash I use for my TRAXXAS trucks I also lube the drive cable after each run too.... My 41 is complete stock I thought about upgrading the motor cooling jacket and installing adjustable trim tabs but I decided against it & like my 41 in stock form & happy with its on water performance too...

RC poster
    Thanks guys. What about the leaning? Anyone else having that issue?

RC Qualifier
    UMM No I have not experienced any leaning with my 41.... MY guess would be it's with your Trim Tab's I have not touched my Trim Tab's on my 41 since I pulled my boat out of its box ( Stock Setting ) I would suggest if you have the org TRAXXAS Trim tab's I put them back on the boat and run it & see if there is any change ( I am kind of suggesting there will be a change ) That's what I would do in your situation

RC Racer
    You know, mine leans a little to the right. I've looked and placed my boat on a flat surface and the body is not twisted or bent. You may want to do that and see if your boat is crooked like that. Also as you said, adjusting the trim tab by bending the side that is lower down so that more water hits the tab and force that side of the boat up more to even the boat out. I really need to do that to my boat to see if I can get it to be even when at full speed. At lower speeds it doesn't lean but once up to full speed, if you drive it towards you, you can see that my right side is lower.
    Last edited by FortMark; 05-03-2017 at 02:54 PM.

RC poster
    The trim tabs work in this way. It's opposite of what you might think.

If you are driving towards you and the right side nose (the left if your are in the boat) is HIGH you would adjust the opposite side trim tabs down. That would be the starboard side trim tab down to bring the port side bow down. If you need the nose to come up and your tabs are level with the bottom of the hull, then you will need to try adjusting your battery placement for a better CG.

I have the RCBB adjustable tabs and they are easy to work with but takes a little tuning to get the boat to ride on the ride pads as it should.

Hope this helps. Happy Boating!