Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    I placed a deposit on a preorder through a hobby shop as well.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I just got a chance to get hands on with the new Pro Line Ultra Reservoir Shocks, and wow, they're probably the best feeling shocks I've ever had a chance to feel, so depending on what the TRX-4's shocks are like, I'll most likely put a set of the Pro Line's on mine.
    Hey guys, I'm new here and have also pre-ordered the TRX-4 so I was looking through the post and noticed your shock comment. Have you ever used the Gmade Piggyback shocks?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/351951801913

I used them on a scratch built crawler/trail truck and really liked them. Probably the only reservoir type shocks I've used but they had great dampening/rebound. I believe these were the exact model I had. Definitely much less expensive than Pro-Line but also probably not near as stout. I think I ran 60-70wt oil in them because of the weight of that vehicle and they still functioned well. The Gmade may not even be long enough for this application.

Anyhow, I'm just as excited as you guys to get my new toy. I have a Mamba X and CC 1415-2400 sensored that will be put in immediately. Picked them up for a Slash build but now I have something better for them. I see they showed an illustration of a new metal gear servo for the TRX-4; has anyone seen the specs for it? Just wondering if I should grab a high torque servo while I'm waiting. Hopefully it stout enough and I can save my pennies for something more flashy like led light bars and some crawler accessory bling.

Well it's good to finally post something on this forum, I've been stalking it for a few months but didn't have much new to talk about until now. Looking forward to getting to know you gents and see what you all do in regards to upgrades and conversions because I know it's coming!

Hugo

I'm a smart person, I just do stupid things...
    I'm a smart person, I just do stupid things...

Quote Originally Posted by TireSlinger View Post
    Lights! Around here if you want to go wheeling during the summer you better go at night or you're going to cook.

Planning to add wheel (rock) lights, headlights, tail lights, etc. Want to be able to control them all from the remote. It's nice to be able to turn off the high beams when you're driving back at yourself.
    I read there will be a light kit from Traxxas! I want lights too! Hope they are plug in play into receiver.

My plans for the TRX-4 is too sell some models first to make room and funds for it first .

Quote Originally Posted by jeteffect View Post
    I read there will be a light kit from Traxxas! I want lights too! Hope they are plug in play into receiver.
    Any accessory lights Traxxas produces will be plug and play I'm sure.

Personally I really enjoy wiring my own custom light setups.
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

I've always thought lights on an RC were silly. However, for this one, if you can actually drive by them, I may eat my words.

My plan is to sell a few models to make room for the TRX-4 on the bench! Not sure which color I will go with yet?!

RC Racer
    I plan on doing a head to head with my SCX. I have high hopes for the TRX4. I already placed my order in through RPP.
    Traxxas UDR Fox Edition, TRX4, Slash 4x4.

The head to head would be awesome.

At first i thought i would be selling the body and accessories out of the box before i scratched them. But i've really warmed up to the defender body after the last set of pictures came out. The wheel well, rack/rollbar, mirrors and other parts really work well together, I might consider a different body if someone made something that is a direct fit. This is wider and a tiny bit longer than the axial, according to the specs on tower. I think a lot of bodies will work though, especially if you want the swapped axel truck look.

What i'll be doing is cutting out the passenger and driver windows of the defender and replacing the windshield with a clear one. Thankfully the rover is so boxy and flat that it's possible. After that i'll be adding a low detail interior. I'm going to leave the back windows sticker so i'm not tempted to put too much junk in the trunk. lights are a must add. Maybe smaller tires or trying to get a little lit body lift or suspension lift, the stockers look like a tight fit.

I really wanted to do a a mostly custom for my scaler but this traxxas is going to have too many features for the price plus, ey, it's by our favorite brand too. I'll just have to personalize mine heavily.
    ------
    How to Rc: Send them high, watch them die.

I'm contemplating selling the body and all scale bits and the motor and esc.

just looking at numbers of different bodies. It might be easier to make the trx4 a little wider and longer and put a proline true scale slash body on. some reference points: tundra proline true scale 11in wide 13wheelbase. proline crawler ram 1500 8wide 12.3 wheelbase. trx4 9.8 wide 12.8in wheelbase. we'll have to see it in person.
    ------
    How to Rc: Send them high, watch them die.

I just think it looks heavy up top and I care zero about looks. I run without a body a LOT. And I wonder how much it can fetch for upgrades. 😂

My plan is to sell a few models to make room for the TRX-4 on the bench! Not sure which color I will go with yet?!
    Done! Space and funds now available to pick up my TRX-4!

Done! Space and funds now available to pick up my TRX-4!
    Congrats! Welcome to the club!
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Congrats! Welcome to the club!
    looking forward to it. Will be my first scale trail crawler!

My plans are to read the manual a few times, look it to to see it works, and start running it. I am really trying to find some tutorial and instructions outlining tips and techniques for trail crawling.

RC Champion
    Ive just seen its 23 inches long. This is hardly a scale crawler.
    2wd Slash VXL, 2wd Slash 9t , E Maxx 2200kv ,Trx4

Quote Originally Posted by crazee horse View Post
    Ive just seen its 23 inches long. This is hardly a scale crawler.
    How is it not a scaler RC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

I think he's trying to say the dimensions aren't to scale. People get too caught up in all this I think. It looks cool and if it performs I'll love it!

RC poster
    I'm super excited to get my hands on a TRX-4. I'm a novice to RCs in the first place (I have a Summit and a Stampede), but spend an embarrassing amount of time looking at crawler videos on YouTube. So the TRX-4 will be my first crawler. Heck, I almost ordered an SCX10 because I'm losing my mind waiting for the TRX-4.

The first thing I plan on doing is going to my favorite hiking trail and finding out how awful of a crawler driver I am .

Quote Originally Posted by MarqBland View Post
    I'm super excited to get my hands on a TRX-4. I'm a novice to RCs in the first place (I have a Summit and a Stampede), but spend an embarrassing amount of time looking at crawler videos on YouTube. So the TRX-4 will be my first crawler. Heck, I almost ordered an SCX10 because I'm losing my mind waiting for the TRX-4.

The first thing I plan on doing is going to my favorite hiking trail and finding out how awful of a crawler driver I am .
    Shortly after I built my telluride I took it to one of my favorite outdoor areas near a lake with some trails, rock formations, logs/brush, etc. And I just drove around a while. It's a lot of fun. Especially when you can crawl and do some high speed shenanigans.

I also strapped it to the kayak a couple times and paddled out to some cool spots. Hiking/rcing is crazy fun. I outfit a backpack with spare batteries and parts. I used to carry a spare losi mini crawler too. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    I think he's trying to say the dimensions aren't to scale. People get too caught up in all this I think. It looks cool and if it performs I'll love it!

With you in this!

RC Champion
    It comes to a point where when something gets to big nothing is a challenge. This is the reason i dont run 2.2 tires as they go over anything and nothing is a challenge. I reckon a 23 inch truck will have slughtly bigger tires than 1.9s. Im gonna stick with my modded scx i think.
    2wd Slash VXL, 2wd Slash 9t , E Maxx 2200kv ,Trx4

RC Racer
    I reckon a 23 inch truck will have slughtly bigger tires than 1.9s. Im gonna stick with my modded scx i think.
    Just throwing this out there, but the SCX10 is 22.1". We're talking less than an inch difference...

RC Qualifier
    Bumper to bumper its 23 inches...thats not alot. The wheelbase is 12.8 if I remember right. Thats close to most others longer wheelbase kits. MY lwb TF2 front bumper to bumper is 23 inches long also. And still scale looking.

Once these are actually in peoples hands I think we will see the true size. It may bigger than some scalers, but that dont mean its not scale looking.

I want to go over all the stuffs! Haha

RC poster
    I have the Gmade piggyback shocks on my CPE Barbarian wraith monster truck. They are very well made.I have an 1800kv outrunner on 4s on it.I have plans to run an out runner on the trx4 as well but on 3s and a lower kv.I am looking at some different tires and wheels as well but I like the body.I want to add lights and some scale accessories not sure if I ll try to use it on my pulling sled or not but I may.I ll definitely post up some videos when I can get.I am selling my PSVR to fund this new ride.

RC poster
    My plan is a new bumper and winch, probaby 4S capable ESC. Proper battery too...
    Free exploring on the river will be my favorite use with my son's TF2 and the other scaler in the box...

My ultimate plan for the TRX-4 is to do scale trail crawling for the first time!

It comes to a point where when something gets to big nothing is a challenge. This is the reason i dont run 2.2 tires as they go over anything and nothing is a challenge. I reckon a 23 inch truck will have slughtly bigger tires than 1.9s. Im gonna stick with my modded scx i think.
    Nah, you just need bigger obstacles. I thought the same thing when i got my summit, thankfully the ORV park near me has plenty of terrain the summit can't even handle.
    youtube: rizzodtheRCvlogger

RC Qualifier
    A winch and a trailer for my kyosho rock force and tires

Quote Originally Posted by Sypsp View Post
    A winch and a trailer for my kyosho rock force and tires
    Which winch are you going to get for your TRX-4?

It does have a rear trailer hitch receiver!

RC Qualifier
    https://morfars.dk/products/crawler-winch-system This winch in the front and the rest is a DIY project

Quote Originally Posted by Sypsp View Post
    https://morfars.dk/products/crawler-winch-system This winch in the front and the rest is a DIY project
    You are brave! I am looking for a plug n play solution. RC4WD appears to have some options for newbies like me and non diy ers

RC Qualifier
    You are brave! I am looking for a plug n play solution. RC4WD appears to have some options for newbies like me and non diy ers
    Not brave at all but want to make a trailer rig as simple as possible wheels and tires and a wooden plate nothing fancy at all also just want to see if it is possible

Proline 66 Chevy cab, custom flatbed, and a new castle mamba X w sensored brushless 2850 kv motor sitting waiting. Also have several sets already of 1.9 and 2.2 tire /wheel combinations. Right outta the box pulling out the motor/esc/body/wheels/tires ha.
    Lock, Stomp, and Steer. No Fear

RC Competitor
    The more videos i see with the trx4 running on 3s it seems to me that it has a lot of power and im wondering if itmight not actually be better to run on 2s so the power would be just a little milder. Any body else have any thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Solo1 View Post
    The more videos i see with the trx4 running on 3s it seems to me that it has a lot of power and im wondering if itmight not actually be better to run on 2s so the power would be just a little milder. Any body else have any thoughts on this?
    I too thought this, but can't we just limit throttle input? Don't forget this is a trail rig that can crawl. It can also take standard Traxxas Nimh packs

RC Competitor
    Well the reason im thinking this is because of full scale experience. A 6 cyl jeep is sometimes easier to drive in certain situations than a v8 because throtle control is easier to not have wheel spin so im thinking the same might apply here

To answer the above three questions, yes. I've driven a many scalers on 3s, and I can't really think of one case where 3s was better, except for pure wheel speed. Other than that, 2s in normally the best way to go. Each person will have their own opinion on this, but I think 3s is too much unless you're just cruising around on a trail, or in a area without large objects to crawl over.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

Remember it's 2 speed. You can also change at a minimum the pinion gear. In low you'll have control with 3s and more speed in second. With 2s again it's your personal preference you can play with gearing there too for the desired result. The old motto is Volt up and Gear down. You can maintain the exact same control and have more power behind it. It's all personal preference. If I let someone inexperienced or reckless drive my RCs I put in a 2s or turn the throw down on the throttle channel. No biggie
    Lock, Stomp, and Steer. No Fear

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast