Has anyone gotten a stainless steel screw set

Has anyone gotten a stainless steel screw set? There is one by a company called RcScrewZ on Amazon that uses hex keys. I was just wondering if It's any good.

RC Enthusiast
    I don't see the point. Do the stainless screws weigh less than the original? They would likely not be magnetic, and more difficult to handle if you use a magnetized screw driver. Unless there is a failure with the original screws, I think it is a waste of money. I bought the replacement Rally screw set from Traxxas.

RC Qualifier
    Stick with STOCK replacement screws RcScrewz your just paying for the name personally....I always get the TRAXXAS screws they work just as well....

The screw set uses hex keys, so that would be the only reason that I'd get it because it seems that hex screws don't strip as easily.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by PecosBill View Post
    The screw set uses hex keys, so that would be the only reason that I'd get it because it seems that hex screws don't strip as easily.
    It's up to you if you want to get them. You could buy 6 packs of Traxxas screws for the same amount. If you do, let us know how it goes. As for stripping the phillips head screws, make sure you are using the exactly correct size screwdriver and apply light pressure down, and keep the screwdriver perfectly straight. You should be able to avoid stripping them, then.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by steakman4 View Post
    As for stripping the phillips head screws.
    Phillips screws are the second worse screws, period, 1st is slotted. Up here in Canada we use a much better design, Robertson! If you can avoid Phillips, do so!
    🅼🅾🅳🅴🆁🅰🆃🅾🆁🆂 🅳🅾🅽'🆃 🅲🅰🆁🅴

RC poster

torx off old ide hard drives

i striped screws off old 80 gb ide hard drives works well and there are torx heads

RC poster
    closer look

I might not get the screw set because the stock screws are cheaper and I have an Integy aluminum diff housing in the front and I plan on getting one in the rear and they use screws that are a little different than the stock screws. And there aren't very many other places that I take apart as often as the diff housing. Thanks for your advice