RC Competitor

What happened to the Proline tire hype?

everyone rushed out and bought them yet nobody seems to be shouting their praises. Radio silence. No review or comparison videos on YouTube and barely a mention on here. Seems odd considering every xmaxx owner has been searching high and low for better tires since 2015.

Do they make the XMAXX handle better at WOT? Track straighter? Turn better? Does the lack of ballooning make if faster? Wheelie better/less? Did everyone waste their money?
    He who dies with the most toys, wins.

RC Racer
    I've seen this acronym a few times and don't know it. What is WOT?

Imo, the prolines handle better in 90% of situations. It does track straighter and turn better. Lack of ballooning probably makes it slightly less fast at top speed. Ballooned tires are taller witch lowers your gear ratio. It wheelies a bit less. The prolines weigh more so you have a little more weight up front and more mass for the motor to get spinning. Doesn't really bother me tho. Can still wheely when I want and four tires stay on the ground more often when I want them there.

There's a lot of people in the hobby that don't post or make videos on YouTube. And even fewer that own an xmaxx. I'd guess that's why you haven't heard much. If you search you'll find reviews and that they're mostly favorable,but it's not a perfect tire by any means. Don't think there is such a thing.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Wide Open Throttle

Search the posts, someone did a great review. Fourdub maybe? Said he needed more run time but it was thorough.
    SnpOn Blk
    SnpOn Red X2
    V1 Max5/Leopard
    V2 X 2

The Super Derecho

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Check out AspenGT's thread, he smashes the throttle with the v1, v2 traxxas tires, and pro-line badlands.

Besides being heavier, they handle decently. I never found a hill the stock tires couldn't climb, and the pro-lines climb all the same hills.

I still haven't hit thermal shutdown, I am stock gearing and a light to moderate basher, so keep that in mind. If your running a max6 or 5, your performance will be different. As a all stock truck, I think they are a small improvement. (sub 50mph)

Like above poster said, I want to run them for atleast a month or so before I do a review, so I can see if there is any wearing on the tires.

But check out aspengt's video, super informative.

Hope this helps!
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

I like the knobby tires on my atv
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

Quote Originally Posted by 0dark3rt View Post
    everyone rushed out and bought them yet nobody seems to be shouting their praises. Radio silence.
    you know how it goes. when something is the least bit faulty EVERYONE shouts about it when they have a problem and they write huge posts on how much it sucks. but when something works good people generally don't say much other than "yep, works good."
    youtube: rizzodtheRCvlogger

RC Racer
    I think the only downside of them is the price and all them screws lol

RC Racer
    I was anxious for an official aftermarket option. I ended up not being a fan of the proline design though. They are like a slightly larger 5th tire IMO. I wanted something that was more "monster". Something like the Trencher or Rock Rage. I'd have even liked the Badlands more if they were in a different profile. Less square and larger while keeping the profile of the stock tires.

m00s3 you might wanna check youtube for Hostile Racing MXT's, its a 5th scale HPI Baja 5t 5b 5sc wheel size.

heres a size comparasion pic. Next month sometime, I will get some rims for these tires and try them out.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by fourdub View Post

I like the knobby tires on my atv
    That looks awesome
    Stampede 4x4/Slash 4x4/Xmaxx/Alias/GT

RC Enthusiast
    I'm really happy with my prolines and would recommend them for anyone looking for a better tire than the stock v1 tires. However as multiple people have mentioned there is no "perfect tire for everything all the time " that I've ever seen or used. I love the fact that I'm wheeling less and tracking straight on launch with them. Not in love with the weight gain but you have to give and take. I would definitely purchase again for my other XMaxx if needed.

V1 Max6. V2 stock. Spartan.
    V1 XMAX6 V2 SNAP-ON XMAXX and Spartan

RC Enthusiast
    I just got mine. Hoping to take the truck out today. Lots of rain coming tomorrow.

RC Qualifier
    I absolutely love them! Stability and traction are greatly improved, only downside I have is that mid air control is down because of the less ballooning. So there's a learning curve with them. As strange as that may sound. But I no longer fear blowing a tire and being done for the day.

RC Competitor
    They're all sold out again. Someone must be buying them...

RC Competitor
    I ordered a set, and I have the tires, but the rims are on backorder. I am not sure when they are coming back in stock, because this was almost a month ago that I ordered them and no word on the rims shipping yet. The tires look great and have a very grippy feeling compound, but they are much, much stiffer than stock and much heavier. I also am not looking forward to turning over a hundred screws to assemble them, but c'est la vie.

I just went on Proline's site & they have the wheel/tire assemblies in stock.
    V1 6s w/8s conversion
    Max5 Leopard 1090kv

RC Competitor
    I ordered mine from TH, so I think they should be getting their shipment from Proline soon if they are back in stock on PL website.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoknight View Post
    I ordered mine from TH, so I think they should be getting their shipment from Proline soon if they are back in stock on PL website.

Tower's website says 'early June', so any day now.

Anyone know of good coupons for the wheels? DollarHobbyz has $20 off of $100 order. But, they're backordered too.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 0dark3rt View Post
    everyone rushed out and bought them yet nobody seems to be shouting their praises. Radio silence. No review or comparison videos on YouTube and barely a mention on here. Seems odd considering every xmaxx owner has been searching high and low for better tires since 2015.

Do they make the XMAXX handle better at WOT? Track straighter? Turn better? Does the lack of ballooning make if faster? Wheelie better/less? Did everyone waste their money?
    Good review of the tires here http://www.bigsquidrc.com/pro-line-t...eltire-review/

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by upgradefiend View Post
    I need to pick up a set soon

RC Enthusiast

Total fluke and 2 days later FedEx delivered 2 more from proline- A+ customer service