Thread: TRX-4 Price

RC Racer

TRX-4 Price

Got an email today anouncing the TRX-4. Clicked the link and on the page it says priced at $479.99. Really not bad at all considering what it comes with. To add these features to a scx10ii you would be well over the price of this. I really cant wait for this truck to come out. Also says mid may!! Thats pretty darn close!!!
    If it still moves, it aint broke enough!

I fully agree, I have roughly $1200 into my SCX10 II, and it looks like this TRX-4 will out perform it right out of the box.

The price will be closer to $450; the price on Traxxas's website is usually higher than the actual map price.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Racer
    Yeah i have about $450 in my deadbolt and that was just me building my own links and rebuilding the tranny once. Oh and i made a vinyl top that covers the roll cage. I told my wife that we might just have to go in debt for this truck. Lol.
    If it still moves, it aint broke enough!

RC Qualifier
    How about the price be free. No charge, just free. Thats what my kids always tell me the price should be on the things they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike mechanic View Post
    How about the price be free. No charge, just free. Thats what my kids always tell me the price should be on the things they want.
    Ever heard the saying... "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is?"
    "Gone racing"

RC Qualifier
    Yep sure have heard of that. As always I work my butt off for everything I have. But if traxxas wanted to be nice and give me one I'd take it with much appreciation and put it with my other traxxas stuff.

RC Racer
    It SHOULD be a $300 KIT!!!!

my guess, is traxxas is probably going to make the least amount of profit off these, lots of R&d and new stuff, lots of features. But they had to keep the price close to 400 so it can compete with axial and the.. horizon one.. Ventura? The money will be in popularity and parts.
    ------
    How to Rc: Send them high, watch them die.

RC Qualifier
    I've seen 2 places now that have it listed as $449.95. However, I am planning ahead, and will be prepared to spend the $480 on it if it comes to it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkul8r View Post
    I've seen 2 places now that have it listed as $449.95. However, I am planning ahead, and will be prepared to spend the $480 on it if it comes to it lol.
    That's Tower's price.

I know it would jack up the price a little, but it would be really nice to see it come with beadlocks right out of the box. I am guessing it will need 4 - 6oz in the front, and 2-4 oz in the back to get it planted, so beadlocks will be a must for this rig anyways.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

It might need weight, but I would bet the foams are horrible. Most foams are useless when crawling, I'm looking to Eddie at Crawler Innovations to hook me up with a set of Double Deuces

Hang up and Drive
    HANG UP AND DRIVE!
    Slash 2wd 4x4
    PRO MT Yeti 4x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    I've had good luck with prolines memory foam scalloped. And with the axial ripsaws with the white dot compound and the OEM axial foam.

I'd REALLY like to try some of the air filled crawling tires. I can't recall the brand at the moment. Expensive though.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    That's Tower's price.

I know it would jack up the price a little, but it would be really nice to see it come with beadlocks right out of the box. I am guessing it will need 4 - 6oz in the front, and 2-4 oz in the back to get it planted, so beadlocks will be a must for this rig anyways.
    So far Tower Hobbies, Rpp Hobby, and Stormers Hobbies all have it listed at $449.95. Those are the only places I really visit lol.

RC Racer
    When I placed my order this morning through RPP Hobby the total came out to $488 with tax.
    Traxxas UDR Fox Edition, TRX4, Slash 4x4.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcgeorge View Post
    When I placed my order this morning through RPP Hobby the total came out to $488 with tax.
    How much was shipping?

RC Qualifier
    I just did a quick check, with shipping from Rpp, it would run me $490. Still the truck itself rang up as $449.95.

RC Racer
    Shipping was free since I went over the $150 amount through RPP Hobby. =) Total was around $488. with CA tax.

RC Racer
    I just did a quick check, with shipping from Rpp, it would run me $490. Still the truck itself rang up as $449.95.
    So did you pull the trigger?

RC Qualifier
    So did you pull the trigger?
    I have mine coming from my LHS. They are a pretty small store so I like to support them whenever I can. They dont carry much for crawler/scaler stuff so when I seen this I was excited I could order it from them.

I am still prepared to spend $480 if it comes to that price.

RC Qualifier
    Shipping was free since I went over the $150 amount through RPP Hobby. =) Total was around $488. with CA tax.
    The tax is what did it. Living in Montana we dont have that luckily lol.

RC poster
    I just ordered one through RPP which ran $449.95. No shipping charge and no tax= instant sale for me! Now the hard part: the wait.

The wait is sucking.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    The wait is sucking.

I agree. I have money sitting waiting for this truck Lol. I usually never hold on to rc money this long, I always end up buying parts for truck. I just wanna drive this thing lol.

RC Racer
    The waiting sucks, hopefully i will get email from RPP Hobby soon saying they shipped it in two weeks.

RC Competitor
    The waiting sucks, hopefully i will get email from RPP Hobby soon saying they shipped it in two weeks.
    Im with you on that but i is giving us time to try to deceide how much more money we want to spend! Lol winch lights wheels interior oh my oh my! Lol

I agree. I have money sitting waiting for this truck Lol. I usually never hold on to rc money this long, I always end up buying parts for truck. I just wanna drive this thing lol.
    I made a $75 deposit and have the rest tucked away in a savings account I can't see often. When they are in I'll pull the rest out, but it in the PayPal account, and send it. That is the only way I can keep it. Lol

RC poster
    Ordered for 549 € in Europe, price difference here is quite high. No options if you want to get warranty and support, aniway a good price for the tech level and the usual Traxxas quality.