RC poster

Poking holes in tires?

I recently had my revo out in the wet and ended up getting water in atleast one of my tires throwing it all out of balance. I was reading around and seems like the going way of getting the water back out is poking two or four small holes in the outside of the tires and letting it spin out the water. I have proline trencher x's on it and I'm a little Leary of poking holes in them since they are pretty much new and not cheap. will they stand up to the speed and abuse of the brushless with 6sbatteries or come apart not Long afterward?

use something small round, pointed, and heat it up. so it make a nice round hole. don't just poke it.... it will tear

Is it good to do mehhh not really, you don't really have a choice.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC poster
    Where should the holes be? In the body of the tire or through one of the tread blocks?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    Where should the holes be? In the body of the tire or through one of the tread blocks?
    I use a drill bit and drill holes 180 from each other as closed to center as possible on all my tires. Except for these, they were my first ones ever. As close to center as possible because when water is in them you can use throttle and as they balloon a little the water will migrate to the center and fling out.

92.5 mph Rustler (Rusty 1.0 R.I.P.)
    78 mph on 4s/93 on 6s(Rusty 2.0)
    86.9 mph Stampede 4x4
    Last edited by Briber; 04-30-2017 at 03:15 PM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

I do the same. Use a dremel with relatively high speed and low pressure. Then the bit kind of burns a clean hole vs cutting and chewing holes with jagged edges.

I do this on every set of tires I have. On 1/8 MT's I usually use 4 holes in the center line, usually down in the tread channels. On smaller tires like 1/8 buggy, stampede and 2.2", I use 2 holes. Then, after running in the wet, just drive gently in a straight line somewhere flat and slowly pick up speed. After a few passes, most of the water usually spins itself out. Don't just pick the vehicle up and pin the throttle. You will either bust an arm/shock/tire or at the very least end up with dirty tire water sprayed all over you. lol
    Expert rigging at it's best!