RC Enthusiast

what diff oil weight should i use for off road romping/speed runs?

So been doing a little research on topic still lil confusing I bought the 3 pack of diff oil the 10 k, 30 k, and 50 k. I believe from what I've read the 30 k is the stock weight they normally use. What weight should I use for a off-road romping (I spend a lot of time driving in dirt pit depending on the day / weather the pit changes traction all the time i do sometime drive on pavement but not as much especially with this rustler) which i also have a rustler i built for strictly road which oil would i use for that one trying to hit 100 plus (working on 70 first).

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The stock diff is not sealed. You can buy a sealed diff case from HR, or FLM. I'm using 30k now, but I did like the feel of 100k. It's just hard on the diff if it slips. Use your slipper clutch in conjunction with the diff. I've blown 3 so far

I settled on 50k for my diff fluid. The FLM didn't used to be sealed, maybe the new ones are. HR is also a good choice. The Swami wasn't sealed either. If they are t sealed, your fluid will run out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

what diff oil weight should i use for off road romping/speed runs?

I settled on 50k for my diff fluid. The FLM didn't used to be sealed, maybe the new ones are. HR is also a good choice. The Swami wasn't sealed either. If they aren't sealed, your fluid will run out.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    I settled on 50k for my diff fluid. The FLM didn't used to be sealed, maybe the new ones are. HR is also a good choice. The Swami wasn't sealed either. If they aren't sealed, your fluid will run out.

Yeah, they are now. They look sweet. I'm gonna grab if I tear another HR case up

When I received the FLM, is was beautifully machined, but not sealed. So no real improvement over stock. Plus you couldn't see it and enjoy how it looks.

RC Racer
    Racers Edge makes a putty that I always use. It works great and don't leak out of the diff.