RC poster

Lipo wont charge

Just bought them like a month ago played with the truck then left the batteries connected but truck off for about four five days now they wont charge the charger comes on but when i hold the button it kicks on then off what should I do
    (will charge the himh batteris tho) e-z peak id truck is about a month n a half old

Leaving them plugged in probably killed them. The esc does draw power even when turned off.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Competitor
    How familiar are you with Lipos batteries and the dangers with them and how they charge?

If you are not comfortable at all you can take them to your hobby shop and ask them to try to restore the LiPo...

There is a way to attempt this...

But if you are not familiar with LiPos and the dangers they possess take them to a hobby shop...

RC poster
    How do I attempt this? I have 2 4s lipos that are dead. I ran them probably 3-4 times and they now won't take a charge. I did the same thing mentioned above and left them connected to the truck for probably a month without activity. 1 battery won't even register and the second battery say's voltage error and gives a readout of 1.9v.
    I'd rather not scrap them and rebuy.
    How can I go about saving these?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan0018 View Post
    How do I attempt this? I have 2 4s lipos that are dead. I ran them probably 3-4 times and they now won't take a charge. I did the same thing mentioned above and left them connected to the truck for probably a month without activity. 1 battery won't even register and the second battery say's voltage error and gives a readout of 1.9v.
    Your packs are permanently damaged and it is best to dispose of them and start over. Safety first!

Lipo wont charge

Quote Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
    Your packs are permanently damaged and it is best to dispose of them and start over. Safety first!
    Please don't misunderstand what Jakey is saying. He does not claim that the batteries will not hold some charge if "restored."
    You should consider a damaged LiPo to be like a gasoline can with a leak in your garage. Sure it might not catch fire and the fumes might not make you feel ill, it it's still dangerous and catastrophe only requires a spark.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    Thank you for the heads up. Are they dead because I'm an obvious rookie and you're hesitant to tell me how to fix them or are dead even if I take them to the hobby store to try and repair? Was my fatal sin leaving them plugged into the truck long term? Sometimes when I run my xmaxx I run it till it starts to go slow then I drive it approx 200 yards back to my house. Should I just shut it down the second it starts to go slow? Thank you both in advance for your heads up.

May I ask you a friendly question? Did you even research lipos or even read instructions? This is a very important part of being a safe and reliable RC owner.....
    Choose Life !!!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    May I ask you a friendly question? Did you even research lipos or even read instructions? This is a very important part of being a safe and reliable RC owner.....
    Yes I have read instructions and a little literature on Lipos. I certainly have not allocated lots of time to understand every aspect of lipo batteries. That's why I came to this forum, to lean on the advise of a community of people who are familiar with all the ins and outs of this subject. Great contribution to the post!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You should research how to care for lipo batteries before using them. They are particular about charging and discharging. I would steer this type of question to Jakey. He is the authority on these forums on lipo batteries. Personally I doubt there's an increased fire risk. You most likely took some life out of the battery

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    You should research how to care for lipo batteries before using them. They are particular about charging and discharging. I would steer this type of question to Jakey. He is the authority on these forums on lipo batteries. Personally I doubt there's an increased fire risk. You most likely took some life out of the battery
    Hi Jakey, what's your opinion? I know you already shared your opinion above so maybe it hasn't changed but "if" I can get my hobby shop to get these batteries to take a charge will they always be a fire risk? Or as Gripdog said maybe not a fire risk but shorter life expectancy?

Yes I have read instructions and a little literature on Lipos. I certainly have not allocated lots of time to understand every aspect of lipo batteries. That's why I came to this forum, to lean on the advise of a community of people who are familiar with all the ins and outs of this subject. Great contribution to the post!
    Thank you! I do like to seeing that people are always doing there part, when it comes to being safe. That was sweet of you to compliment on my last post!
    Choose Life !!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hi Jakey, what's your opinion? I know you already shared your opinion above so maybe it hasn't changed but "if" I can get my hobby shop to get these batteries to take a charge will they always be a fire risk? Or as Gripdog said maybe not a fire risk but shorter life expectancy?
    Please do not do it! I already posted my advise - Dispose of the packs, purchase new and start over. You should have much better luck with the new packs since you "learned the hard way" with the packs being discussed in this thread.

Sequence for good LiPo pack life:

1. Charge pack(s) fully before use.

2. Run RC vehicle. If Low Voltage Detection kicks in, STOP!!! Walk over, pick the vehicle up and carry it back. Do not continue to try and operate it with the depleted batteries. Same goes if you notice the vehicle slowing to any obvious amount. STOP!!!

3. Remove pack(s) from RC vehicle and after pack(s) has cooled down, charge for another run. If not going to run again that day, charge to storage level; which is about 50% of full capacity. Don't worry about getting it exactly at 50% as anything close will do.

4. Store pack(s) in a fire safe type container and place in a cool, dry location.
    Last edited by Jakey; 09-30-2017 at 09:43 AM.