RC Enthusiast

Slash front end questions.

Hi Everyone,

I am replacing some front end parts on my Slash. I broke a caster block so I ordered RPM blocks, front carriers, and a STRC Hinge Pin set. I have bent the #3640 26mm pin that connects the caster up through the hub carrier vertically.

I thought this pin came with the STRC kit but that does not to be the case. Who is the supplier of choice for these pins? Can anyone tell me what pins go where from the STRC kit? Also, the front tie bar #2532? Should that be upgraded as well?

I welcome any and all ideas, suggestions, thoughts, and input! Thank you all in advance! Have a great evening!

Respectfully,

George D.

RC poster
    I am running a full rpm chassis (save rear a arms had to downgrade to stocks bc im running tekno axles), I have not had any issues running the stock tie bar, imho the tie bar doesnt seem to have much stress put on it, so i see no reason to upgrade it.

For the pin set I dont have one personally (still running and bending stock pins for now) but i would say measure or line the stock pins from the a arms next to the strc ones with the nuts on and see witch ones are the same length of shaft.

RC Competitor
    In my experience take the RPM caster blocks off and put either STRC or TRX aluminum casters on. I made the mistake of putting RPM casters on my 2wd vxl and both of my twins stock slashes. I had nothing but problems. The RPM casters are durable because they flex so much. This flexing results in bent king pins and wheels popping off. After going through multiple king pins on all 3 trucks I switched to aluminum casters and no more issues. And if you buy the TRX casters you can use the stk traxxas king pins plug n play. If you go with the STRC you will need to tap the casters in order to use the stk king pins.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yes please don't get RPM caster stuff. Unless you want a never ending issue. I've have the Traxxas caster blocks and bearing carriers for about 7 months. No issues. With the RPM parts I had nothing but issues.

RC Qualifier
    I got the proline casters. they have an extra hole at the top for settings and such.

RC Enthusiast
    Hmmm...interesting! Thanks to you guys for the info!

RC poster
    Proline and STRC both have hardened king pins available and I recommend them even if you use aluminum caster blocks.