RC poster

Lightbulb 4-Tec 2.0 Buggy??

Is anybody else thinking that this could be easily made into a 4wd buggy? Throw an eight scale power system in and that would be pretty cool...

RC poster
    Or maybe even a type of 4wd Rustler! An lcg 2.8 buggy!

Probably not enough suspension travel, maybe arms are too short too.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC poster
    The arms could be replaced easily, but I didn't think about how little suspension travel it has

RC Qualifier
    Taller shock tower longer arms and shocks

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Not sure if a 40mm motor will fit. Seen that it is very tight on space near the motor and esc when I was checking out the car at hobby town yesterday...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

You could make a buggy for really light track use. A track made for 4wd racing buggies. I think some of the older schmacher and tamiya buggies were made off an on road car so where theres a will theres a way.
    ------
    How to Rc: Send them high, watch them die.

RC Qualifier
    IanRose is right, some of the Tamiya buggies are based on on-road designs but they aren't usually as capable as an offroader designed from scratch... But these aren't Traxxas products and the materials are not as tough, so perhaps with this car it would be doable without it being a compromise. With different shock towers and suspension arms it might have enough travel.

RC poster
    With modifying the chassis, front suspension arms and longer shocks you can raise the ground clearance.

Last edited by wolfsbone01; 06-14-2017 at 08:58 PM.

I'm all about going outside the box, but on this one I have to ask why? Slash 4x is an easier, more durable solution.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
    I'm all about going outside the box, but on this one I have to ask why? Slash 4x is an easier, more durable solution.
    Totally different classes though and buggy racing is still more popular than short course in many places. Anyway, there's the fun too! I have more fun modifying cars that everyone tells me are not raceable than buying a racer.

RC poster
    For me its not really about classes or a better platform, I was after a reliable and strong platform with good part support to turn into a 190/200mm rally platform.

Quote Originally Posted by cunawarit View Post
    Totally different classes though and buggy racing is still more popular than short course in many places. Anyway, there's the fun too! I have more fun modifying cars that everyone tells me are not raceable than buying a racer.
    That is exactly why I scratch build rather than buy off the shelf OEM cars. To out perform anything made. Carry on then by all means!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsbone01 View Post
    With modifying the chassis, front suspension arms and longer shocks you can raise the ground clearance.

sweet!
    are those revo shocks?
    im now reconsidering getting one
    cool ain't cheap -Dan Dreger

RC poster
    Nope they are the stock shocks with longer rod ends with them modify they are about 62mm long. At some point I will replace them with a better quality shock.