RC Competitor

What kind of oil, grease shall I use on Rings and pinions?

Hi guys can anyone tell me what kind of oil, lube or grease shall I use in the diferentials of the Xmaxx?
    Ive been using some regular grease but Im looking a for a proper lube to maintain my diffs!
    I mostly run out road and other thing is the weigth of the oil (silicone) in the front and in the rear diffs!
    Thank you

RC Qualifier
    fabricator

I use BelRay marine grade grease in mine.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Racer
    Don't use marine grease in there. That's for bearings and stuff that will get wet. Diffs will only get wet like that if you totally submerge the truck. I've been using a grease made for the inside of high performance engines. Found it at auto zone.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I use diff grease from various RC brands. Usually associated (easy to find). The above Traxxas oil is designed for sealed/semi-sealed differentials. I never recommend auto as a substitute as it's often too thick, too sticky, and generally contains additives that apply to high-heat metal surfaces. In addition, many automotive greases or lubricants are petroleum based and actually degrade plastics. If you don't know what to use, don't experiment at the auto-parts store. Stick with rc-branded products.

RC Enthusiast

RC poster
    Lucas Red n Tacky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used BelRay marine grade grease in my Emaxx for years and my Xmaxx for a year with out any problems. It works great, and I like how it stiffens my slip better than when I use to use heavy graded silicon oil. Like Chis sez though, you don't really need marine grade grease in your diffs. I already have it though, for my boats, so it's nice that it works very well on both my diffs and bearings of my land vehicles.

So, I guess, what I'm saying is...if you don't already have marine grade grease for other RC's, I wouldn't go out of my way to buy some. However, if you already have it, I wouldn't go out of my way not to use it, because it works really great in Xmaxx diffs.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 05-02-2017 at 03:48 PM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.