Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Qualifier
    Cheers dude!

Looks like I bought the wrong Servo Horn though

Picked up the Team Losi 24T Aluminium Servo Horn, and it doesn't fit on the servo.
    Is it the 25T Horn I need?? Can anyone confirm before I place the order??

https://www.amazon.com/Team-Losi-Ser...25T+servo+horn

Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Ok so picked up the above 25T Servo Horn and I cant get it to fit - seems very tight and didn't want to force it on?!

Should I use the screw and force it on or is it the wrong horn for the servo??

Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    Ok so picked up the above 25T Servo Horn and I cant get it to fit - seems very tight and didn't want to force it on?!

Should I use the screw and force it on or is it the wrong horn for the servo??
    You mentioned a 24T horn and then subsequently a 25T horn. Did you actually have the 24T in-hand and try to get it to fit? The reason that I asked is because you might have slightly burred the servo splines in doing so and maybe just cleaning up those splines little would help. Small wire brush or careful use of a blade is all you need if the splines are not damaged too bad.

Good luck.

-Shack

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by shack351 View Post
    You mentioned a 24T horn and then subsequently a 25T horn. Did you actually have the 24T in-hand and try to get it to fit? The reason that I asked is because you might have slightly burred the servo splines in doing so and maybe just cleaning up those splines little would help. Small wire brush or careful use of a blade is all you need if the splines are not damaged too bad.

Good luck.

-Shack
    I assumed the horn should easily slide into place, so tried the 24T but did not force in any way.
    Looking at the servo splines they seem like new so no issues there.
    Just wondering whether the 25T should be a very tight fit?

Yes, it should be tight but still able to slide, of course. Can you slide one of the pieces that came with your 1211 onto the splines?
    This should be an easy upgrade. Just make sure that once you do get the horn on, it is with the servo centered!

-Shack

RC Qualifier
    Yes, it should be tight but still able to slide, of course. Can you slide one of the pieces that came with your 1211 onto the splines?
    This should be an easy upgrade. Just make sure that once you do get the horn on, it is with the servo centered!

-Shack
    Will do - thank you for your replies!

I hope you didn't damage the splines on the servo when trying the 24T horn.
    That servo has a 25T spline. May need to de-burr it as Shack already mentioned.

I added an aluminum horn on my servo and had to tap the end to fit my steering linkage.
    Easy mod and looks greaq.

Good luck!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Qualifier
    Those with the SW1211SG servo - 6.5v a good setting for the BEC?

Don't forget:
    If you are running it with the stock Rx, you need to have your ESC set to 6V output.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Hey Ifti,

Just an FYI... I've had my MMX set at 7.5V while using a TRX6533 and SW1211SG for months now with no ill effects. Traxxas literature says "4.8-6.0v (nominal)" voltage. If your familiar with that term, it does not necessarily equate to "max" voltage.

"The actual voltage at which a circuit operates can vary from the nominal within a range that permits satisfactory operation of equipment."

-Shack

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys.
    So I can actually set the BEC to 7.5v, as long as I also set the ESC to 6v output?
    Oh and yes, running with stock RX...

Thanks guys.
    So I can actually set the BEC to 7.5v, as long as I also set the ESC to 6v output?
    Oh and yes, running with stock RX...
    You lost me there! Are you powering your servo and RX separately? All I am trying to say is that if you set your BEC (internal to ESC or external) voltage output to 7.5v, you may see the same results as I do... meaning my RX has held up and it performs as it should and the servo works great. As you know, these are made in China though and can easily vary a little in quality from unit to unit.

-Shack

RC Qualifier
    You lost me there! Are you powering your servo and RX separately? All I am trying to say is that if you set your BEC (internal to ESC or external) voltage output to 7.5v, you may see the same results as I do... meaning my RX has held up and it performs as it should and the servo works great. As you know, these are made in China though and can easily vary a little in quality from unit to unit.

-Shack
    Getting confused here!

I thought it was a matter of setting my BEC to the correct output via Castle Link - I have heard reports of 6.5v being fine, although you use 7.5v fine also....

Although Squeegee said a few posts above that the ESC also needs to be set to 6V?
    I didn't think I had to do anything to the ESC since the BEC is taking power directly from the battery and then feeding it through to the Servo?

To make things clearer, my plan is to install the servo as normal, using a Y Cable to connect it to the RX and the BEC. So the RX continues to draw and distribute power as normal, while the BEC draws power from the batt and distributes it to the servo.
    As the servo is rated 7.4v, I had assumed I would set the BEC to 7.4v, no?

Last edited by IftiBashir; 09-02-2017 at 07:37 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It feeds power to the receiver, then the receiver moves it where you tell it to through you transmitter. Both your receiver and servo must be capable of running the esc bec voltage in a normal wiring configuration

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    It feeds power to the receiver, then the receiver moves it where you tell it to through you transmitter. Both your receiver and servo must be capable of running the esc bec voltage in a normal wiring configuration
    Sorry - edited my above post to make my setup clearer while you were typing your response! lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sorry - edited my above post to make my setup clearer while you were typing your response! lol
    Those Holmes hobbies connectors are great. Get the one with the aux connector just in case you have other ideas. It a dollar or two more.

Getting confused here!

I thought it was a matter of setting my BEC to the correct output via Castle Link - I have heard reports of 6.5v being fine, although you use 7.5v fine also....

Although Squeegee said a few posts above that the ESC also needs to be set to 6V?
    I didn't think I had to do anything to the ESC since the BEC is taking power directly from the battery and then feeding it through to the Servo?

To make things clearer, my plan is to install the servo as normal, using a Y Cable to connect it to the RX and the BEC. So the RX continues to draw and distribute power as normal, while the BEC draws power from the batt and distributes it to the servo.
    As the servo is rated 7.4v, I had assumed I would set the BEC to 7.4v, no?

I want to help you get this right!

Are you using Castle Link to set the BEC voltage in the Castle ESC?

OR

Do you have an "external" BEC (not the one in your ESC) like the CC BEC 2.0 (CSE010-0154-00)?

It sounds to me like you're trying to set voltage in two places.

"I thought it was a matter of setting my BEC to the correct output via Castle Link - I have heard reports of 6.5v being fine, although you use 7.5v fine also...."

"...a few posts above that the ESC also needs to be set to 6V"?

Here is how I have my EXTERNAL BEC wired in.

-Shack

RC Qualifier
    Ok so I currently have:

- Stock RX
    - Holmes Hobbies RX Bypass Adapter Y Cable

- Castle Link USB Kit (to set the voltage for the external BEC)

- CC BEC (as below)

Before I got confused my plan of action was as below:

- Use the Castle Link USB Kit to set the CC BEC Voltage to 6.5v (which I think should be a good starting point for the Savox SW1211SG Servo - enough grunt, but without over stressing the servo)
    - Once programmed, solder the red/black power wires to the ESC cables (that feed from the battery)
    - Unplug Savox receiver cable from receiver box and attach to the RX Bypass Adapter
    - Attach BEC to RX Bypass Adapter
    - Plug RX Bypass Adapter into Receiver (same port as the servo came out of)

And that should be it. Is this correct?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by IftiBashir; 09-03-2017 at 03:45 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ok so I currently have:

- Stock RX
    - Holmes Hobbies RX Bypass Adapter Y Cable

- Castle Link USB Kit (to set the voltage for the external BEC)

- CC BEC (as below)

Before I got confused my plan of action was as below:

- Use the Castle Link USB Kit to set the CC BEC Voltage to 6.5v (which I think should be a good starting point for the Savox SW1211SG Servo - enough grunt, but without over stressing the servo)
    - Once programmed, solder the red/black power wires to the ESC cables (that feed from the battery)
    - Unplug Savox receiver cable from receiver box and attach to the RX Bypass Adapter
    - Attach BEC to RX Bypass Adapter
    - Plug RX Bypass Adapter into Receiver (same port as the servo came out of)

And that should be it. Is this correct?

Thanks!!
    Yes absolutely!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Yes absolutely!!!
    Thank you kind sir!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12