RC poster

Why was the Ford GT designed Not using a brushless motor?

Any future plans for upgrade kits?
    Thanks...

RC Qualifier
    I wonder the same thing. My guess is because people will be pulling it out to drop upgraded ones in. That will help keep cost down. I have a vxl motor out of my Slash that's going in mine.
    Stampede 4x4/Slash 4x4/Xmaxx/Alias/GT

am sure there will be a brushless edition later on.
    SLAM!
    "That Tree jumped right in front of me"

same with the new fiesta. I could be wrong but I feel like this will be a common thing for the lower priced vehicles so you have to upgrade. These vehicles are already being marketed as brushless ready
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC poster
    It defently has the hole for a upgrade model even the parts list has the number for adjustable toe and camber links. There are holes for droop screws in the arms along with sway bar points. The only thing is the parts list only shows there is a 70 tooth spur gear you only change the pinion gears. So with a 28tooth pinion (largest one they advised.) And the 70tooth spur matched up to the 7700k mamba and a 50c dump 2s it felt like it did about 50ish.
    Its not the best video but here it is https://youtu.be/NQBfcrIRBbI
    Last edited by scair; 05-10-2017 at 07:38 AM.

RC Qualifier
    here is a video where they fit a smaller spur
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6lL7RHYOtA

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SL4SHGT8BASHER View Post
    here is a video where they fit a smaller spur
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6lL7RHYOtA
    I know what I'm doing this rainy day

Quote Originally Posted by hnz980 View Post
    Probably to keep the price under $300.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by hnz980 View Post
    Any future plans for upgrade kits?
    Thanks...
    It's a new Car TRAXXAS just launched so the normal thing is to price it accordingly... I knew I wanted the Ford GT when I seen it in the car showroom back in Feb. I pre-ordered mine in full the next day @ my HS & I only looked at the pre-production pictures TRAXXAS had up is what hooked me on the car

RC Enthusiast
    Patance my friend they will, think about the first stadium truck, the slash,
    When that came out it was only available in brushed, now look at it. Traxxas just wants to see how popular this car will be before spending any more on product. And yes I have a feeling it will be popular!!

Pretty sure you will see a VXL version released in the future. Current offering is to keep the price reasonable so they sell. You can bet it won't be too far in the future when you will start seeing "hop up" items for it from traxxas and other aftermarket manufacturers. The design screams customize me from anywhere between mild to wild.
    3RusterXL5
    4Nitro4Tec
    "Snap On"Alias
    Craniac

RC Qualifier
    I agree SlientRunner I started looking @ different tires for my Ford GT already eventually I will drop in a VXL system but right now just having fun driving it in its stock production run form.

Quote Originally Posted by grave75 View Post
    I agree SlientRunner I started looking @ different tires for my Ford GT already eventually I will drop in a VXL system but right now just having fun driving it in its stock production run form.
    My original plan was to pull the brushed set up before I even used it. Changed my mind and decided to keep it stock until I see what goodies show up for it and at least until I know I can get stock replacement parts readily for it. The LHS where I purchased mine had literally just got a box of parts in right before I picked my car up. They didn't know what was even in the shipment yet.
    3RusterXL5
    4Nitro4Tec
    "Snap On"Alias
    Craniac

RC Qualifier
    Makes sense to me to keep the price down, the parts it uses are very rugged! Chunky Slash 4x4 diffs, full ball raced, usual tough Traxxas plastic. I suspect most people will eventually set it up with a brushless motor.