Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RC Competitor

What motor for mini summit?

Hi everybody, I was wondering if the mini summit could handle a 1/10th brushless system instead of the 1/16 vxl system.

I was thinking that the castle sv3 combo would work well to replace the standard titan 550. I think that the standard motor mount would work fine.

Also, does the standard vxl system overheat at all? And, should I shim the diffs even before I go brushless?

Thanks for your time and help.

RC Champion
    Yes the S3 combo will work.
    Yes you should shim the diffs.
    No your stock mini summit axles will not survive, but mini revo axles will fit perfect and are much stronger.

The 1/16 vxl system is fine on stock mini summit gearing, but if you are looking for speed, the castle system is probably better. Alsi, if you are looking for speed, I would change out the rockers to the progressive rockers and get smaller tires, or you will roll a lot... I mean, a lot more, because you will roll a lot either way....
    Dacaur

RC Competitor
    Thanks, for the reply!

So, is was wondering, would the castle system over power the car to the point of breakage? And would it also fit on the stock motor mount for the brushed mini summit? And would the esc be able to handle a 3s traxxas battery for the 1/16 scale cars?
    Thanks!

I am using a 1406 4600Kv motor in my Revo/Summit for quite a while. In the beginning paired with a Mamba Max Pro and later with a Sidewinder V3. Occasionally I even used 4S when the Mamba Max Pro was in there. That is overpowered to the max, but the MMP never gave a sweat.
    With a Sidewinder V3 you can safely use 3S, as long as you use an acceptable gearing ratio.
    Nobody is born with experience