Rustler conversion?

Hey guys, I've been thinking about doing a nitro slash conversion on my nitro rustler. I know I need the top and bottom frame plates, but I didn't know if I needed anything else, ie servo mounts, gas tank, just stuff like that. As always help is greatly appreciated.
    if you fall, I'll catch you! - Your Floor

Don't think many have done this. Best to look at the exploded views of each and compare/contrast. Purchase what you need, sell what you don't. That is what I did went I built my Revo from my T-Maxx.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Don't think many have done this. Best to look at the exploded views of each and compare/contrast. Purchase what you need, sell what you don't. That is what I did went I built my Revo from my T-Maxx.
    Just curious, how'd you do that? They're two completely different trucks.

The newer T-maxx has a lot of Revo-spec items on it. As mentioned, took the parts that I could use, bought what I needed and sold what didn't work.
    The Super Derecho

Well i'm still trying to decide whether to change or not because I like the nitro rustler a lot but I don't have experience with the nitro slash.

RC Qualifier
    I know the chassis and stuff is different, but for the most part they are the same. The chassis is different I think for the most part because the slash slash has a bigger fuel tank. It all just depends on how exact to a slash you want to be. If you want a nitro slash, buy the bumpers, wheels and tire, and the body. Now you have a slash, and you can convert it back and forth. The trans is different, but as far as I know the only difference is the steel idler. The idler is plastic in the rustler trans.The drive shafts are different, but interchangable. The shafts are heavier duty, due to the slash coming with the 3.3.
    So as I was saying, if you want an all parts correct nitro slash, then buy the parts and convert. Otherwise you could be able to go back and forth. Pretty much your choice, and that is the great part about this hobby
    Rusty 2.5R,T-max 2.5 & 3.3,Summit VXL Nitro 4-tec

Quote Originally Posted by westoakmech View Post
    I know the chassis and stuff is different, but for the most part they are the same. The chassis is different I think for the most part because the slash slash has a bigger fuel tank. It all just depends on how exact to a slash you want to be. If you want a nitro slash, buy the bumpers, wheels and tire, and the body. Now you have a slash, and you can convert it back and forth. The trans is different, but as far as I know the only difference is the steel idler. The idler is plastic in the rustler trans.The drive shafts are different, but interchangable. The shafts are heavier duty, due to the slash coming with the 3.3.
    So as I was saying, if you want an all parts correct nitro slash, then buy the parts and convert. Otherwise you could be able to go back and forth. Pretty much your choice, and that is the great part about this hobby
    The only thing wrong with your statement is the wheelbase of the slash is longer so I would need a slash frame. I already have the slash wheels, tires, and body so it wouldn't be a hard swap for me.

RC Qualifier
    I guess you could convert to a slash, and then back to an extended rustler. Alot of people have built extended rustlers out of homemade chassis.
    Rusty 2.5R,T-max 2.5 & 3.3,Summit VXL Nitro 4-tec

RC Competitor
    Are the transmissions between the nitro rustler and nitro slash the same ratio's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the exploded views, yes.
    The Super Derecho