RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Bought Lemouds Roller

Bought a roller with 2.8 trenchers. I've got the TQI setup along with the VXL setup. The truck needs some bearings and a slipper shaft. Couple odd and ends. Got a prograhics body, and an 11/54 gearing setup. Just learning the truck. Figured the best way was to tear it apart. Also had big bores lying around.

Any help or advice appreciated.
    I will say Briber has been a big help so far.

RC Competitor
    Making good progress already!

Looks pretty clean for a roller... i almost went that route because i wanted to build a p4de my way, i was hoping to find the VXL version new, but none could be found, so i decided to get the rtr XL-5 truck brand new out of the box and converted to brushless right away along with other hop ups.
    Bashing along @ 30mph...

My pleasure my friend, ☺. What springs are those? I like the blue color! And welcome to the P4de family 😉.

92.5 mph Rustler (Rusty 1.0 R.I.P.)
    78 mph on 4s/93 on 6s(Rusty 2.0)
    86.9 mph Stampede 4x4
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

Gripdog, is this one going to stay a basher? Or can we expect another speed rig soon?
    "Gone racing"

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Some integy springs from fleabay. Red is lighter than the blues. Blacks were too tight.
    This is definitely a basher, and will stay that way. A guy gave me some skateboard ramps.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

It's functional. Got a few odds and ends to tidy up but I'm pretty happy so far. Lots of work, but it's paying off

Since its going to be a basher and you mentioned ramps, do you have aluminum caps on shocks? If not Id get them before you jump or else youll be constantly popping off the plastic ones...

Oh and if your wanting to jump, the stiffer the spring the better jumps/launches youll have. I used the yellow integy progressives when i jumped. They were super stiff...

86.9 mph Stampede 4x4
    Last edited by Briber; 05-12-2017 at 12:32 AM.

Those plastic camber links wont help either.... converting to adjustable turnbuckles will be prefered.
    Bashing along @ 30mph...

RC Competitor
    Definitely agree on those aluminum caps!! My little dude blew 2 plastic caps off in about 5 minutes on the new-to-us vxl pede. We were only hitting our little 8" tall plastic ramps too.

He's still trying to adjust to jumping 4x4 vs the 2wd. They definitely jump a bit different and have a tendency to drop the nose. I'm gonna try upping the fluid viscosity in the rear shocks and see if that helps. Maybe go to a one hole piston...?

With that said, these things take an absolute beating and keep coming back for more.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Bought Lemouds Roller

I put big bores on it. 45wt. Oil. Three hole Pistons. Big bores lived previously on the Rustler. I haven't run it yet so we shall see. I see some aluminum steering components in my future.
    Last edited by Gripdog7205; 05-12-2017 at 10:55 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bige4u View Post
    Those plastic camber links wont help either.... converting to adjustable turnbuckles will be prefered.
    I've got em up front. Need a set for the rear. I was trying to use up my spare parts.

My son still has the plastic ones on his truck... Can't seem to break them! I know they're not adjustable but they have proven to be durable.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Took the truck out when the rain stopped. The bearing on the output of the rear diff(the one I didn't get) is crunchy. Loud and affecting performance, it's creating a drag. Bad part is I knew it was and couldn't stop building the other night. Geared 11/54, it's good for a beginner to 4x4. The only thing I broke was an axle(already suspect). So I had a fwd truck. Not fun. Replaced the axle and was doing wheelies and scooting all over the place. So I need axles and a bearing(s) to make this more reliable. It's gonna be fun, I think.

For now pop out seals, spray bearing out, grease or oil, put seal back in.

86.9 mph Stampede 4x4