....So it begins...6S!!!!!!

Just saw this guys video on Youtube, first question is how was he able to buy the display model, I thought they weren't for sale. May have to hit up my local shop and grab theirs

https://youtu.be/YZK4RJUAikc

My 2nd question is why the heck would you want to cram all that power into a fairly small chassis. The VXL System will make this car insanely fast on only 3S and border line out of control!!
    Why not just get an XO-1 if you want to do some low flying.

Just a matter of time before he vaporizes that body and will be spending all his money on gears and parts that he going to smoke if he truly throws a 6S pack in that thing. Those tires definitely wont stay together for more than a pass or two. Actually saw a guy destroy a tire on 3S running the VXL System

RC Qualifier
    My guess he got it by either owning or working at a hobby shop. I agree that might be to much power for that car. Would be fun though.
    Stampede 4x4/Slash 4x4/Xmaxx/Alias/GT

Traxxas Employee
    I have a Bandit running 25/50 gearing on 6s with the 2200kV motor. Yes, it's a handful...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Maxxdude View Post
    I have a Bandit running 25/50 gearing on 6s with the 2200kV motor. Yes, it's a handful...
    And no video. For shame lol

Traxxas Employee
    For a while it was known as the "stapler car" because I needed weight on the front and my Swingline was the best thing I could find at my desk to strap to it. I'm putting a Revo wing on the front for downforce next.

RC Qualifier
    Oh I bet that was a sight to see. I bet you hold the record of the worlds fastest stapler.

the video of this car on 3S seems to be way too much power for it (with stock tires at least). I'm not sure you would get enough traction with 6S to even enjoy it. Would definitely get an XO1 if I was going to do something like this
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

I didn't see 6S, just the chassis with a big power plant sitting in it.

I try to keep an open mind about this stuff, I like a good amount of speed in RCs, but super fast stuff just isn't my thing. I feel that everyone needs to make their RC hobby their own, and if that means stuffing more battery in a car than what is reasonable, so be it. But, stuff like this still makes me roll my eyes.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    I am going with TRAXXAS's stock Brushless system for my Ford GT

RC Qualifier
    i bet with some added weight it will handle the extra power better. i like overkill systems because of the efficiency, cool running, and good speed (when tuned down a bit). that being said, i think the biggest i would go would be the El Sob special, on 3s... i'm not much for straight line runs, and like to turn and race around an imaginary track.

RC Racer
    I can say a crappy 3S 25c battery with the castle sidewinder 5700 is a hand full.
    Went to buy a lipo, walked out with a XMAXX.