RC Racer

How will the TRX-4 stack up to the competition?

Just curious how you guys think the TRX-4 will stack up. Will it be like most other Traxxas models in that, they're typically not competitive, but fairly durable and certainly easy to get parts for, or do you think that the technology on this rig will help it to edge out the competition?

For a long while I was considering the new HPI crawler, but it's been delayed until late June if Towerhobbie is to be believed.

Obviously there are others to compare against. How do you think the TRX-4 will do?

I think it will be a competitive C2 rig, and should dominate in G6 style trail comps. With all of the features on it, it is no doubt that the engineers looked through the rule book. The only thing that really concerns me about it is its track width, it is 2.5" wider than my SCX10.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    I think it will be a competitive C2 rig, and should dominate in G6 style trail comps. With all of the features on it, it is no doubt that the engineers looked through the rule book. The only thing that really concerns me about it is its track width, it is 2.5" wider than my SCX10.
    No its not according to your previous post stating your scx was 9.5" wide and the trx4 is 9.8" wide making it only .3 wider than your scx

Quote Originally Posted by Solo1 View Post
    No its not according to your previous post stating your scx was 9.5" wide and the trx4 is 9.8" wide making it only .3 wider than your scx
    For some reason I was thinking it was 11", but the specs do say 9.8", thanks for the correction!

Just looking forward to getting this thing in my hands and putting it through its paces. It looks good, but everything is just speculation until it is released.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

For comparison here are specs

Scx10 II: 22.1L X 8.9W
    Wheelbase: 12.3

TRX-4: 23.1L X 9.8W
    Wheelbase: 12.8