RC poster

Summit questions. Please help!

Hello!
    I'm looking to buy a mini summit but I've never had a crawler before. Are there much more parts than a SCT? More easily breakable parts ? What should I expect durability wise and general maintenance costs? As a first time real off road rc buyer should i maybe get something different ? Like a telluride ? Any help for a beginner is greatly appreciated.
    Thank You!

RC Competitor
    Hi, the mini summit is a great car, and personally I think you should buy one. The durability of the mini summit is great, except for the stock axles. The easiest fix is to just buy mini revo axles, they are stronger. Also the diffs will need shimmed, so they do not strip out. If you are running on the standard battery, this will most likely not be a problem. If you are running on 3s, or dual in series, take it to you hobby shop, buy some shims from team associated, and let them install it. This is a good off-road car too, and if you really want to get extreme, then just swap the gears in the transmission and it will be more like a crawler. Parts availability is also great because it is traxxas. I think you shouldn't get the telluride, it is just a stampede 4x4, and it is not that great at crawling. Also, it is brushed and in most cases can't even hit 30mph, and the mini summit it is brushless, and can go 40 and up to 50 if you install the merv pinion. My honest opinion is that you should just get the mini summit, buy some upgrades and have a great time running it.

Hopefully this helps!

RC poster
    That's Awesome! Thank you so much

RC Competitor
    Of course, the mini summit is a great car, and I think that you should really get one!