RC Enthusiast

Stampede question

I currently have a Slash 4x4, and considering purchasing a 4x4 Pede for my dedicated basher. The super high center of gravity seems like it would cause tons of rollover problems. Was wondering what has been working for everyone as far as modifications to keep some bashing clearance but also maintaining performance.

The mods I was planning on were a Pro Trac kit and moving the shocks outward on the bottom holes. If I use the ProTrac kit is there anything else that I need to change when installing it?

What setup seems to be working the best for everyone?

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    I love my P4de. On my backyard track I run SCT tires or RPM wide offset 2.2". The truck rarely rolls over. The taller the tires, the more frequent the roll overs.
    Obstacle Magnet

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jvogel View Post
    I love my P4de. On my backyard track I run SCT tires or RPM wide offset 2.2". The truck rarely rolls over. The taller the tires, the more frequent the roll overs.
    Which 2.2 RPM wheels do you have?

The crawler style Revolvers fit. RPM #82233. Theyre wide offset. Black or chrome.
    Member of the 100+ post club! Here to mess up!

I have the Protrac kit, 10mm offset 17mm adapters which allowed me to run ofna dominator wheels that have a lot of - offset and lowered just a bit. Black Integy progressive springs with no preload and 50w shock oil. With that combo the truck was pretty stable and still had ok ground clearance for bashing. It was easy to flip if I let it. Just learning the absolute boundaries of its tipping point and not exceeding them was the greatest way to keeping it from flipping. 😉 Another suggestion is go with bigger wheels and smaller tires then trim sidewalls down so they fit. The less sidewall you have the less tire roll there is. This may help too, if you havent seen it already: https://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6167328
    I dont remember its been so long but yes i do believe if your running the mip driveshafts youll have to replace the one male dog bones to different model. Ill have to dig that info up for ya. Idk if its the same for the stock drives...

92.5 mph Rustler (Rusty 1.0 R.I.P.)
    78 mph on 4s/93 on 6s(Rusty 2.0)
    86.9 mph Stampede 4x4
    Last edited by Briber; 05-14-2017 at 12:36 AM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

Quote Originally Posted by zypher View Post
    The crawler style Revolvers fit. RPM #82233. Theyre wide offset. Black or chrome.
    zypher is right but his part# might be off - maybe it's me. The wide offset are the ones that fit.

RPM 82232 Revolver Wide Wheelbase Wheels

Briber is right too. The smaller the sidewall, the less the tipping over. 2.8" Pro-Line Trenchers have a low sidewall but a nice big footprint.
    Obstacle Magnet

jvogel is right, my bad.
    Member of the 100+ post club! Here to mess up!

I'm never wrong. Right? Wait, what were we talkin' about?
    Obstacle Magnet

Quote Originally Posted by VOLT77 View Post
    The mods I was planning on were a Pro Trac kit..... If I use the ProTrac kit is there anything else that I need to change when installing it?
    Found the answer for ya, since my memory didnt serve me well lol. To much partying when younger or old age . Youll need to run the rustler mip xduty male bone to accommodate the arms. I already had Pede 4x4 mip xduties so i just used these(http://www.miponline.com/store/mip11105.html) in place of the ones i had on on it. But if you dont already have mip drives on it, it maybe cheaper to buy the rustler mip xduty drive shaft set and just buy & replace the front axles on the rustler set to the stampede 4x4 axles. Just price it out and see. Hope that helps... This is if you plan or are already running mip xdutu drives.

Oh, youll also need to swap out the front steering and camber links to the jato ones. You can move fronts on there now to the rear...

86.9 mph Stampede 4x4
    Last edited by Briber; 05-15-2017 at 09:06 PM.

RC Competitor
    Buy a sway bar kit first, I did nearly all of the others and once I bought the sway bar I didn't need the others.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshot24 View Post
    Buy a sway bar kit first, I did nearly all of the others and once I bought the sway bar I didn't need the others.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    I say do all and have even more stability... I was thinking how could i get it even more stable, until your post. Forgot about sway bars, thanks.

86.9 mph Stampede 4x4

RC poster
    I run the following and think it handles great (for what it is)

Sway Bar Kit
    Stiffer lossi springs
    40wt shock oil
    Lowered, just a tad higher than it would be with A-arms level
    Trencher 2.8 tires
    Castle 2650 motor 3s geared to 42mph

I have to get really stupid with it to get it to roll. Before the trenchers I used the chevron tire that come on the brushed version and it really didnt have the sideways bite to roll, more like a drift tire. I never really run on the pavement so cant comment on pavement handling.

I have considered converting to a slash lcg but have never seen a body that looks correct (including backslash) with that chassis and 2.8 tires.

If I ever go with a lower CG chassis, I will get a typhon and run trencher 2.8s on it
    Last edited by linklemming; 05-16-2017 at 03:36 AM.