RC Qualifier

Struggling to obtain Spares???

Hi, now out of all the brands, Traxxas were always my go to company mainly because of their parts support. This seems to have died? Has something happened? I'm after 3 parts to fix my crashed Xmaxx V2 8s.

Even Tower Hobbies has no stock?? Whats happened?

Im after:

Traxxas 7754x Diff cups (I need two)
    Traxxas 7714X Xmaxx Top Brace (Tower will only let me order 2??)
    Traxxas 7739 Front shock tower

Id have thought these were simple to obtain? Especially from Tower Hobbies? Ive had Traxxas vehicles since the KIT Rustler with MSC, and never had a problem with parts?

I know a lot of RC Companies are struggling right now, and parts are getting increasingly difficult to get, Ive sold a lot of my Losi's and HPI's for this reason. But Traxxas?
    Any ideas whats going on?

Im in the UK btw...

RC Racer
    The truck is very new and very popular. Only reason. As time passes, it will get easier. I'm in the US and can usually get parts in a week or so. Not sure how the UK is.

When I first got mine, I broke a suspension arm and had trouble finding parts. Ended up needing a screw I didn't notice I lost after I got it in the mail. Brought my truck to the store so they could find me a similar screw. Guy groans and tells me he has no parts. After I explain he starts finding the screw I need and we start talking. He didn't have any parts because he ordered six 6s versions in 2016 and everyone that bought them didn't like them. He didn't even order any 8s versions when they came out. I showed it to him after I fixed it and he's got plenty of parts now. Just to expensive lol. I still order mine.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I personally dont think this is a "new" truck and Traxxas are on the ball nornally with spares, its one of the reasons I have a Traxxas model in my fleet compared to my other models which arent as well supported? Just seems the hobby is dying to me.... hmmm

RC Qualifier
    And Traxxas.com dont ship to the UK, weird.

RC Racer
    Gonna have to agree with you on this. I dunno if it's because the xmaxx fever hasn't died down yet but such random stock plastic parts to be out of stock seems weird from traxxas. I just don't get it. Can't they just pump out these parts at a massive rate. They worried about overstock?

I'm not sure if it is just Tower having issues as many parts I've needed have been available from other vendors but backordered with Tower. Though I have heard there is a shortage of parts from other manufacturers so it is not just solely Traxxas and most of their parts are made overseas. It's not just as easy as the inventory manager walking out to the floor at HQ and requesting more parts be made.

I just checked here at Traxxas' page and none say "back order" or "out of stock" and I filled my cart with the parts you needed. It may be just a Tower thing.
    Last edited by Double G; 05-15-2017 at 03:18 PM.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    R/c on the whole is going through a shortage especially in the UK, that said Ive never struggled with Traxxas.... until now.

Ive tried Tower and Amsin, both out of stock. Who else is there?

It seems to be isolated to the x-maxx. I noticed that certain parts are regulalry out of stock and some places dont seem to get too many. If you dont pay upfront for a back ordered item, you miss out when the item arrives because only a few were received. I can get anything for my rustler though. Keep your open on ebay though, almost everything is available if you look hard enough.
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3edw View Post
    The truck is very new and very popular. Only reason. As time passes, it will get easier. I'm in the US and can usually get parts in a week or so. Not sure how the UK is.
    It's really not all that new anymore

RC Racer
    You're right it's not new, but like I said, a lot of people were disappointed with the 6s version that came out in 2016. As you guys know, it needed a lot of work. A lot more power. Stronger drive train.

They dropped the ball and didn't realize how much more popular the truck would become once it was pretty much good to go out of the box. And a lot of LHS just straight didn't order any and are catching up as well.

All these parts should be available. If Tower is out of stock, try your LHS or Traxxas.com.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR

RC Qualifier
    Im in the UK, no parts in the UK, and i cant order from Traxxas as im in the UK....

RC Qualifier
    You're right it's not new, but like I said, a lot of people were disappointed with the 6s version that came out in 2016. As you guys know, it needed a lot of work. A lot more power. Stronger drive train.

They dropped the ball and didn't realize how much more popular the truck would become once it was pretty much good to go out of the box. And a lot of LHS just straight didn't order any and are catching up as well.

But that CLEARLY isnt the Issue for somewhere like Tower Hobbies....

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpowell911 View Post
    But that CLEARLY isnt the Issue for somewhere like Tower Hobbies....
    It is if traxxas didn't gauge the demand well enough. Tower doesn't make the parts. They just sell them.

RC Qualifier
    It is if traxxas didn't gauge the demand well enough. Tower doesn't make the parts. They just sell them.

But theyre in stock at Traxxas..... have you actually read the thread?

RC Racer
    Yes. I've read it. And I haven't actually had any issue getting any part I've needed for the truck. Just have to look around for a bit. For instance...I'm pretty sure Hobbytown USA has all the parts the OP listed in stock. If not the stock diff cups, they do have some new aluminium trqxxas just made.

RC Qualifier
    Well ive clearly had an issue hence the thread....

7754x isnt listed on Hobby Town...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpowell911 View Post
    Well ive clearly had an issue hence the thread....

7754x isnt listed on Hobby Town...
    I apologize. I thought that was a different part.

That's a matter of opinion rather than fact. There's a lot more than someone sitting in an office, drinking a cup of lukewarm coffee and saying: "We will sell 17,822 X-Maxx's in the first three quarters of 2016. And when we step it up to 8s a year later we will sell 12,250 because most customers will already have the 6s and upgrade." It's a very complex matrix that deals with factors of supply/demand as it relates to MSRP, overseas production, shipping and all other logistics come into play.

It's easy to Monday Morning Quarterback a situation; LOL:

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Rico
    Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Well regardless of that, for one reason or another Ive got a $1000+ into something thats useless at this moment in time....

Fix it eventually and sell it for something more supported methinks

Kpowell911, try contact the following Traxxas UK distributor. He may be able to find you the parts locally.
    Parts for the X-Maxx are avalalble, but Traxxas can't force retailers to always have all the parts in stock.

Logic RC
    12~18 Hartham Lane
    Hertford
    Hertfordshire
    SG14 1QN
    United Kingdom
    Tel +44 (0)1992 558 226
    Logicrc.com
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyTanker View Post
    Kpowell911, try contact the following Traxxas UK distributor. He may be able to find you the parts locally.
    Parts for the X-Maxx are avalalble, but Traxxas can't force retailers to always have all the parts in stock.

Logic RC
    12~18 Hartham Lane
    Hertford
    Hertfordshire
    SG14 1QN
    United Kingdom
    Tel +44 (0)1992 558 226
    Logicrc.com
    Just phoned Logic, they havent got them either, theyre on order..... great.....

RC Racer
    That would be a mistake.

RC Qualifier
    That would be a mistake.

What would?

RC Racer
    I feel like I read somewhere that the places that actually make the parts went on strike and that's why there is a shortage. Don't quote me on that though. I don't remember where and when I saw this, but I do believe that's what's happening. Again, I don't have a valid resource and that might just be a conspiracy/rumor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Traxxas Slash 4x4
    Traxxas Blast

RC Racer
    Selling it for something with more parts availability. The parts will come. People tell me it's not a new truck, but it's 2 years old. Tmaxx is almost 20. I fell out of the hobby and am just getting back in, but all the other trucks have been around for yearsssssss. That's why you can find parts easy. They sell. The xmaxx is the new hot stuff. It's not going anywhere and will only get more popular.

RC Qualifier
    Selling it for something with more parts availability. The parts will come. People tell me it's not a new truck, but it's 2 years old. Tmaxx is almost 20. I fell out of the hobby and am just getting back in, but all the other trucks have been around for yearsssssss. That's why you can find parts easy. They sell. The xmaxx is the new hot stuff. It's not going anywhere and will only get more popular.

Its not much use having a $1000-1500 investment that isn't use able though....

There is IMO, no excuse for such a lack of support from such a huge brand. The UK distributor has them on order only....

Sell up, get a Tekno and it won't need spares...

RC Racer
    Trust me. I understand your plight. I was into this hobby in the 90s when you had to mail order everything. I know what it's like to have a rc sitting there that you can't use.

I'm just trying to say that this is a solid rc, and the parts shortage is temporary. Look at the companies that make a living selling aftermarket parts. They've got new xmaxx stuff coming all the time. Traxxas is also releasing new parts frequently. They know the truck is going to stick around just like the other trucks people I've been playing with for years.

I know you're mad now, and I understand why, but I just don't want to see you kicking yourself when the shortage is over. Every LHS I've talked to about the truck is getting more and more parts as they can. Don't forget to talk to those guys. They won't buy stuff they're not positive will sell, so if you tell them you'll buy it, they'll start stocking it.

RC Qualifier
    Trust me. I understand your plight. I was into this hobby in the 90s when you had to mail order everything. I know what it's like to have a rc sitting there that you can't use.

I'm just trying to say that this is a solid rc, and the parts shortage is temporary. Look at the companies that make a living selling aftermarket parts. They've got new xmaxx stuff coming all the time. Traxxas is also releasing new parts frequently. They know the truck is going to stick around just like the other trucks people I've been playing with for years.

I know you're mad now, and I understand why, but I just don't want to see you kicking yourself when the shortage is over. Every LHS I've talked to about the truck is getting more and more parts as they can. Don't forget to talk to those guys. They won't buy stuff they're not positive will sell, so if you tell them you'll buy it, they'll start stocking it.

I've been in the hobby since the 90s and have had over 200 vehicles, but trust me when I say Traxxas is completely different in the UK, its a lot less supported than it is for you guys across the pond. IF the parts were in stock, it would cost me $70 shipped from 150 miles away. Tower Hobbies charge me $40 shipped from the US to the UK....

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    kpowell911 please send me partial of your mailing address in private message. I want to see how much shipping would be from me to you.

if you have a store or restaurant nearby you, give me their address, as shipping will be the same, as long as its the same zone.

If you don't need a lot of parts often, I might be able to help ya out, for cost. will check shipping, if its more than 40$ (businesses get a discount on shipping), the online might be the best option.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Qualifier
    Tower are very cheap for postage for me, I'm a super saver member and for example I can get:

2x Out drives $20
    Shock Tower $8
    Upper Chassis Brace $8

Posted for less than $5.

The same parts in the UK:

2x Out drives $35
    Shock Tower $15
    Upper Chassis Brace $12

Postage is the same $5

The issue is the lack of stock lol

Quote Originally Posted by panek33 View Post
    I feel like I read somewhere that the places that actually make the parts went on strike and that's why there is a shortage. Don't quote me on that though. I don't remember where and when I saw this, but I do believe that's what's happening. Again, I don't have a valid resource and that might just be a conspiracy/rumor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I posed the question to and got a response from a well-known RC insider:
    I know exactly what the truth is. One of the major OEMs [kicked the bucket] in Asia. This has affected a number of different companies and has left some of them really scrambling.
    The Super Derecho