Another hole in my head, just what I needed. RETRIEVAL QUESTIONS.

Well, like I said. Like I needed a hoLe in my head, I purchased a Snap On m41. It'll go on shelf with my Snap On x maxxes.

I can't have just one so I'll be buying the other Traxxas m41 shortly.

My question, I'm a paraplegic. I've see folks use a tug boat and even fishing poles to retrieve the boats that flipped.
    Are those 2 ways reliable?

Seeings how I'm so physically limited, should I not even attempt this area of RC?
    I have quite a few ground rigs along with my drones so it's not like I'm rc poor, lol. If it sounds like I'll have issues I won't continue to try diversifying my fleet, lol.

Thanks for your time.

RC Qualifier
    Remember that going on water without lifevest is scary right, and accident happens sometimes better be sure than sorry, on my experience I never think of that before and I lost my boat for 20mins. Retrievening away from the sure, I was lucky that time that there's some one in a kayak boat and save mine in the middle of the lake about 600meters away. After that incident I made my own rescue boat then.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

No chance ill attempt entering any pool of water. I would like to try it sometime though.

May I ask what sort of "rescue boat" it is that you use?

I seen the videos of guys using tug boats. Curious how long a person has? Will taking on enough water cause it to sink?

THANKS

I was curious what size tug boat would work? How much motor is required to push an M41 surrounded on 3 sides?

I searched here for flipped boats but replies were limited.

Found another forum where dumb questions aren't frowned upon and was given several more ideas, that's all I asked for.

RC Qualifier
    20t motor would be enough to push the beast, i tried brushless motor before and it was way too fast that I can't engaged it with the provided tubes. You can use the Blast as rescue boat, work with pvc pipes in V shape or U Shape, it will be up to you to create. Be sure don't make too long on the tubes more than half of the boat size will be enough or else if the boat is far from your sight it will be hard to engage for retrieval.
    Last edited by Edgemoulic; 05-25-2017 at 09:47 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Here's my Drawing to give you ideas

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rtmike View Post
    I searched here for flipped boats but replies were limited.

Found another forum where dumb questions aren't frowned upon and was given several more ideas, that's all I asked for.
    I don't think it was a dumb question you asked and when they are asked here, they certainly aren't frowned upon. I've been on and off this forum since 05'. What I believe what you thought was, nobody replied for a couple days and you figured you were asking dumb questions. Not at all. I've noticed this forum has kinda slowed down the past few years. At one time it was booming. I think it probably just needs more exposure, thus why you will find a lot more stuff going on social media these days such as Facbook. Just the way things change over time I guess. I hope you find much joy in your marine Rc venture/collection! -Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MattySlimz1987 View Post
    I don't think it was a dumb question you asked and when they are asked here, they certainly aren't frowned upon. I've been on and off this forum since 05'. What I believe what you thought was, nobody replied for a couple days and you figured you were asking dumb questions. Not at all. I've noticed this forum has kinda slowed down the past few years. At one time it was booming. I think it probably just needs more exposure, thus why you will find a lot more stuff going on social media these days such as Facbook. Just the way things change over time I guess. I hope you find much joy in your marine Rc venture/collection! -Matt
    Dude, right on. Thanks.

Did I mention being impatient, lol?

I do have issues. I start projects, buy up the parts needed and whatever it is ends up sitting. Probably 40 or so projects that have never been finished. I start seeing a shrink today aamof, lol.

I tried "searching" but like 99% of other forums, useless.

-I'm building an "x" with uprights out of pvc and then covering it with pool noodles.
    -My Dad had about 30 fishing poles and I asked for his 2 favorite. One of them was a turtle fishing pole. It'll be repurposed into a rc boat fishing pole.
    -Will build a drag line of sorts to pull behind my tugboat that I can circle boat with line tying it up somehow?

I bought another m41. I ordered the dual rudder set up and today ordered a 180a Seaking esc for the one I'm running.
    Also bought a Zelos Twin.

Also read that Catamarans don't need the adjustable trim tabs so don't know whether I'll I stall them. Buying everything from that Boat Biz outfit of Australia.

Edgemoulic, I've seen several of those. I'm gonna build one, maybe this winter. I'm buried with rigs waiting on bought upgrades currently. So super THANKS for the schematic. I'll definitely use it.
    Last edited by rtmike; 06-08-2017 at 03:07 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Thats really cool you came up with a solution for recovery. I think you'll find that the cat's have better stability at the expense turning radius. The Pro-Boat catamaran I tested out on 8s did really well in rough water. It cuts through the choppiness like a knife. I ended up not buying that one, but I have another one on my radar. Just waiting for the right deal.

Yeah, some of the other manufacturers had a recent sale with like $30 off. I took advantage of that when I bought the Twin.

Retrieval has always scared me. My 1st order of business is getting the tug and noodled X dialed in.

I now have my H20 fleet, a tugboat and 2 go fast boats.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MattySlimz1987 View Post
    FB nowadays are those people who needs attention that responding on this site is very rare, mostly just only those people drop by and check what is in it. Social Media has a lot of changes in the internet now, If you do a lot of research you will always find what you need. Mr. Google is your friend try to dig it in.