Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tire Options

RC Qualifier
    Thanks man. I'm on the far west side, but just moved away from the downtown area. Hope my old condo is doing ok.

RC Enthusiast
    I lived in the Spring area ( far north side ) back in the early 80s when Alicia came to town.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by StretchMaK View Post
    What body are you using SL4SHGT8BASHER? I got my extenders and foams today. With the 17mm extenders the Contact foams stick out of the GT body pretty good, maybe 4 or 5mm. I'll try and get a pic before I head to work tomorrow afternoon.
    It's a Ford Mustang by deltaplastik. Love it. Let me see about a pic for ya...

RC Qualifier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    One important thing I learned with these extensions. You MUST USE LOCKTITE. I used super glue on at the track as a quick fix when I first put them on and lost a tire twice. Now with locktite set overnight, I have not lost a tire. If I switch tires at the track, I use tire glue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Here is my GT body with the 17mm extenders. Not really a big deal just looks goofy.

RC Qualifier
    man that is so close... yeah, it would bug me too. plus i would be so hesitant to chop up that beautiful body. that's why i changed mine as soon as i could. my first time out when i bought the brushed version i crashed it into a storm drain and had to climb down into it to get it out. put some scuffs on my GT body, so i purchased the new one that afternoon. i think the stock body is slightly less than 200mm.
    it would be nice to find some 15mm extensions that fit. the only ones i could find were for some axial truck, and they did not fit. i have like 4 sets of extensions that i can't use.
    somebody needs to make some offset compensating arms or something... maybe add some more shock-mount holes on the arms too.

RC Enthusiast
    I borrowed a pair of 14mm extensions from a buddy but have not tried them yet. The were on one of his crawlers. Thinking they might be just right.

I'm thinking about another body, something like a proto type style race car.

RC Competitor
    What is the (minimum) offset for the front and rear wheels ?

RC Competitor
    @SL4SHGT8BASHER you mentioned "at the track" a couple of post up.I'm also on the best side of houston. Can you elaborate on a track location?

I'm out in katy at mason and i10. It sure would be nice to find a flat place to run my 4tec!

RC Qualifier
    Mikes gulf coast raceway in Porter. It's a bit of a drive but worth it. There is also Newmans in Brenham. There is also a velodrome at a park at I-10 and barker cypress. Also a bunch of guys drag race on Saturday nights at the Ashley furniture on 249. I'm at westpark toll and 99 toll. I look for church parking or back behind large shopping

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by SL4SHGT8BASHER View Post
    Mikes gulf coast raceway in Porter. It's a bit of a drive but worth it. There is also Newmans in Brenham. There is also a velodrome at a park at I-10 and barker cypress. Also a bunch of guys drag race on Saturday nights at the Ashley furniture on 249. I'm at westpark toll and 99 toll. I look for church parking or back behind large shopping
    Thanks! Yea there isn't many places nearby.
    Did you say "drag race"? As in rc car drag racing or real car drag racing? hmm
    Our company bracket car is NHRA Pro ET National Champion!!!
    I currently have my 82 Trans Am in the shop getting some upgrades done.

RC Qualifier
    Rc drag racing in the parking lot.

RC Competitor
    I bought a set of 30mm Contact foam tires for the rear, but they don't fit.
    Even with a 9mm thick hex adapter, the inner side of the tire (not the wheel) rubs against the chassis.
    I need just a little bit more width to clear it.

I could try to scrape of the tires a bit, but that's option number 2.

What parts could I use for the extra width ?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by djmaincheese View Post
    Picked up some contact foams and did a couple runs on the VXL System -3S & Stock Gearing
    Hit 34.7 top speed but these tires bite like crazy on the acceleration and in the turns i was making on the street. Will try the high speed pinion and see how much faster it will go

26mm Fronts
    30mm Rears w/ Traxxas Wide Wheel Adapter as these wheels have 0 offset

42 Shore rating on both.

what shocks are those?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12