RC poster

servo "jitters" and lots of other stuff

Hello, I'm fairly new to this RC stuff so try to make it simple for me

I have a Rustler Vxl which was purchased 2 months ago and the servo jitters. Also if you try to go full throttle it will cut out on you (from a stop). Anyway, with all that aside I run it today and it when into thermal protection mode 1 I felt the ESC and it was VERY hot (almost burning my fingers). So I phoned Traxxas and they told me to send in the ESC and I was wondering if there was any way I could fix it without sending it in. P.S. just installed new servo and receiver cuz it was jittering.

thanks for reading - Aidan

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Servo glitching is caused by noise, and voltage drops. If your receiver is losing signal the. You would lose throttle as well. You should try to turn down the multifunction knob all the way counterclockwise and invest in a glitch buster(capacitor with an end on it that fits the receiver pins). What servo are you running, and what battery?

I'm not trying to thread Jack here but I also have the same problem with the power cutting off at a stop when you first punch it, only with the NIMH battery not my lipo. Ps I have a fan on my ESC which helps keep the temp down. Some people don't like them, but I do.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Good work isn't cheap, cheap work isn't good

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    ESC fans are great. Anyone who says otherwise likes replacing electronics. You're just having voltage sag issues.

RC poster
    thanks, guys

I do have a glitch buster and that is what causes the jittering it is defiantly not the ESC being normal (never happened before and I was driving slow) and I am using a stock 3000mah NiMH. And I am running a 2075 servo. Also, Traxxas said it might be my battery given the power thing could the battery thing cause overheating?