RC Enthusiast

LCG Chassis for non-racing?

Hi All,
    Just asking the question;
    Are there really any advantages for having LCG chassis if I am just bashing ?
    Since I got the Slash 4x4 I have been doing all kinds of upgrades/ mods and have a lot of original parts not being used.
    I was going to just hold on to them for when I break stuff on my Slash. But now that my wife has seen my Slash she wants one too so I figured i would just build one up from the parts I have and buy what i don't have.
    So first thing is I need to get her a chassis.

thanks for your inputs.

/quadcells

RC Qualifier
    the LCG helps prevent body roll when corning. if you aren't really racing its not that huge of a deal, all it does is drop your electronics deeper into the chasis.

RC Qualifier
    It's a way different handling truck with the LCG. Roll overs are much less common once switching. I say it is a must.
    Scott
    Slash 2wd
    Slash Ultimate 4wd
    Stampede 4wd

RC Enthusiast
    I have an LCG and also the standard... They feel and react a lot different when cornering than the other... I have been bashing the LCG and it does it well.... I can say it feels way planted in corners as far as not being tippy.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks all.
    LCG chassis on order.

You're gonna love it!
    Keep us posted and have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Let me throw in my $0.02! I have had both chassis versions of the Traxxas Slash 4x4 and I will probably never run the HCG chassis again. The performance gains are incredible! The truck handles so predictably it's crazy! The way that you are able to throw it around corners makes all of the difference in the world. In addition to not having to do the walk of shame that often.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Enthusiast
    I would agree... I like my HCG truck... and I have also been thinking about doing a LCG swap...but I already have an LCG truck lol.... I will likely do it and just have two... I do have a sway kit for the HCG one to try and see if it helps some as I do like it for bashing and had wanted to do an 1/8 motor set up in it down the line.... I have not got the sway bars in yet though to give an opinion if they help it.

RC Enthusiast
    Hi All.
    So I just ran a 3S and a 4S packs thru my Slash LCG and I just want to say thanks everyone, that LCG chassis is just awesome. Couldn't believe how well it took corners now. just have to add a wheelie bar to the RPM bumper and I'll be good.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterfree View Post
    the LCG helps prevent body roll when corning. if you aren't really racing its not that huge of a deal, all it does is drop your electronics deeper into the chasis.
    I guess it is an each his own kinda thing... I bash, and wouldn't have anything but the LCG.... the hcg is too top heavy.... the lcg slides over everything it can't clear, like a skateboard....

RC Racer
    I'm a basher, and I'm really impressed with how much of a difference the LCG conversion kit made! I'm running 17mm hexes with 1/8 scale buggy Badlands and before the conversion, it'd almost always flip when I was turning on gravel.. I don't have sway bars and now with the LCG conversion it barely lifts up the front inside tire.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I am beginning to feel insecure in my staying with the HCG for bashing. I've upgraded essentially everything, including King Headz mount, STRC plate, RPM bulk heads, etc. - that won't switch over.

Any love left for the HCG out there? Enough peer pressure will get me to move to LCG.....(no one want to be the last weirdo-guy hold out)

As I've stated in a different thread:

The difference is all the heavy stuff in the chassis. The chassis sits about 1 inch lower then the HCG and makes a huge difference in your center-of-gravity.

FYI: It's LCG (Low Center of Gravity), not LGC (Low Ground Clearance).

Ground clearance is the same with the LCG and HCG chassis'.
    The front and rear diffs sit at the same height.
    Its how high the center portion (chassis) sits.

The LCG allows the motor, battery, Rx, and ESC to sit lower, thus creating a Lower Center of Gravity.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Let me throw in my $0.02! I have had both chassis versions of the Traxxas Slash 4x4 and I will probably never run the HCG chassis again. The performance gains are incredible! The truck handles so predictably it's crazy! The way that you are able to throw it around corners makes all of the difference in the world. In addition to not having to do the walk of shame that often.
    El Sob wrote what I was thinking. I couldn't have said it better. So that is an additional $0.02. We'll be up to a dollar soon!
    Obstacle Magnet

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steadyhand View Post
    I am beginning to feel insecure in my staying with the HCG for bashing. I've upgraded essentially everything, including King Headz mount, STRC plate, RPM bulk heads, etc. - that won't switch over.

Any love left for the HCG out there? Enough peer pressure will get me to move to LCG.....(no one want to be the last weirdo-guy hold out)
    Well, I'm a weirdo too but, dude, you'll love the LCG. Seriously. Bummer about all the HCG chassis upgrades that will be collecting dust.
    Obstacle Magnet

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Steadyhand View Post

Spend the $36 to get the conversion on Amazon or wherever... Try it out, then sell your upgraded stuffs and buy new stuffs 🤙

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk