TRX-4 Best Body Clips?

Hey guys.

TRX-4 seems to come with common Traxxas clips which is fine.

However wondering if the stock posts (at the very top) can be unscrewed to install proline screw caps?

Or are you guys planning to use different body clips, and if so..... Links and photos please

Traxxas Employee
    They wouldn't work in the rear. The rear posts pass through a reinforced section of the roof rack and the Proline screws are too short to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by E-Maxxdude View Post
    They wouldn't work in the rear. The rear posts pass through a reinforced section of the roof rack and the Proline screws are too short to go through.
    Good to know!

Know of any other clips that may be a little easier on the body in roll overs?

Traxxas Employee
    As I mentioned, the rear clips go through the reinforced roof rack so there's little chance you will ever rip those through. You can always use a body washer in the front.

I run proline caps on most trucks.
    I use 4mm setscrews or capscrews from underneath . Here's a few

I've just drilled out the mounts and screwed in new ones. Even the slash mounts were done that way

Hang up and Drive
    HANG UP AND DRIVE!
    Slash 2wd 4x4
    PRO MT Yeti 4x4

As I mentioned, the rear clips go through the reinforced roof rack so there's little chance you will ever rip those through. You can always use a body washer in the front.
    Ah right. The washers, you just install them before loose before the clips are installed ?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    I don't think it would be hard to come up with a longer stud that the caps could screw to though. I've cut the head off a screw before when I was out of proline studs. Many traxxas stub axles have the same threads on the end.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D