RC poster

Servo slowly turns on acceleration causing hard turns and lack of control?

I have a brand new M41 Snap On Edition. I couldn't take the graphics on the standard model! I upgraded the rudder, cooling jacket etc with Hot Racing parts before running. Anyway, just took it out for the first time and when I would accelerate the boat would suddenly make a hard turn. It was getting dark so brought home. When I have on stand, I press throttle very lightly and the servo starts to turn slowly and keeps doing that until I let off the throttle, then snaps back center. Any idea what might be causing this? BTW, the steering was reversed, so I reset the controller when I got home but still the servo issue.
    Thanks,
    Steve

First off, make sure that the steering is in CH1 and the ESC is in CH2. I will say your situation is odd as the throttle only has one port on the receiver whereas the steering has two ports and sometimes others plug the ESC into CH1 and when they turn it accelerates; your's is opposite that. If you have another servo lying around test it out as well. If you have a 6v receiver pack plug it in to the battery port of the receiver and test again.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Thanks, I took a servo out of a new boat, does the same thing? I guess I'll call Traxxas and see what they say.

RC poster
    So it's been awhile since I posted this. Boat has been sitting. Called Traxxas, they thought it was the receiver so they sent a new one. Same thing, rudder servo turns right upon acceleration. Light throttle on stand, I can watch it slowly move. Hard throttle and it goes right quick. I contacted support again, They told me to send it in. I really don't want to pay to send it in. The thing was literally in the water for a couple minutes. I also tried another radio, no difference. The only other component would be the speed controller. I'm not sure how that could cause the issue though but obviously I'm no expert. Any ideas before I send it in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    You have to have wires crossed applying voltage on that side of the servo. I'd grab your DMM and check the output wires at the receiver. Why is the servo getting power when it is not supposed to? If the receiver is new, then it has to be in the wiring. And there is not much wiring so some basic pin outs should get you fixed up.

RC poster
    same problem here
    turn the "TSM" button on your radio all the way to zero and it will stop
    don't ask me why, but it helped for me

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by thaclone View Post
    same problem here
    turn the "TSM" button on your radio all the way to zero and it will stop
    don't ask me why, but it helped for me
    +1 this happens to me once when my younger Son play around with the TX knob which turns to TX noob. I didnít figure it out until we arrive home get frustrated because of the servo is not working. It is pretty much work without the throttle but once I hit the throttle servo is out.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.