Thread: My speed runs

RC Qualifier

My speed runs

Found a GT at my lhs. Got tired of waiting on my back order and got impatient lol. I was curious about the speed of this thing. I hooked my gps up to it and ran it with my 2s lipo and got 25.7mph. Swapped out the brushed motor for a vxl. Recharged the battery and reran it with stock gearing. I was surprised I lost about 1mph. Haven't tired with my 3s lipo yet or the speed gear. The torque is much greater with the vxl. Can easily slide it around now.

Stock

Vxl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stampede 4x4/Slash 4x4/Xmaxx/Alias/GT

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    And it costs what? So stock gearing and 3S you may get 40 ish out of it.

RC Qualifier
    That's what I'm guessing. Ran out of time today for another run. My next run will be some 3s. Was hoping to find some info for the motor location holes to install the high speed pinion. Didn't have time for trial and error. Hopefully soon I will get some free time to work more speed out of it. I'm not worried about the 1 mph lost because I will get more when regeared.

RC Qualifier
    That's weird. You can get 60+ out of a rustler with a 3s. I wonder why the huge speed drop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by tallj2000 View Post
    That's what I'm guessing. Ran out of time today for another run. My next run will be some 3s. Was hoping to find some info for the motor location holes to install the high speed pinion. Didn't have time for trial and error. Hopefully soon I will get some free time to work more speed out of it. I'm not worried about the 1 mph lost because I will get more when regeared.
    Oh I've seen the spur mods already but geez. That's slow for out of the box. I'm sure you'll have it up to speed soon enough

RC Qualifier
    I think the smaller tires and lack of gearbox have a significant effect. I also don't think it has the weight to get enough grip.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Oh I've seen the spur mods already but geez. That's slow for out of the box. I'm sure you'll have it up to speed soon enough
    I saw the spur mod also. Not looking to do that yet until parts are easier to get and better upgrades available. I was also disappointed in the speed. Was expecting a little more with the vxl. If I put the bigger pinion I would have. Going to 3s will make a difference though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadelvi View Post
    That's weird. You can get 60+ out of a rustler with a 3s. I wonder why the huge speed drop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I was only able to run on 2s with stock gearing so far. When regeared and I run 3s the speed will come up. Hopefully tomorrow I can get a 3s run with stock gearing.

RC Qualifier
    Got time to get a 3s run in today. Pick up a good amount of speed but have still yet to crack to 40 mph mark. Temps were still pretty reasonable at 150*. This weekend hopefully I will get the speed gear installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk