Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    The way the RC4WD winch lines up would intfer with the bumper mount posts underneth that bumper's mount spot. Using a self tapping screw, or a longer screw with a nut/bolt would fix it however, so it's no a big deal.
    So basically drill down through the bumper mount posts or move winch to one side slightly?

Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas9008 View Post
    In Comparison of the SCX10 II and the TRX-4 which one looks better built? I eventually want to buy a Crawler. After all my upgrades are done with my other 3 Traxxas'.
    Honestly, their build quality looks about the same, both are using metal C-channel rails with plastic supporting cross-members with the a large center skid. It really comes down to features, drivability, and price, which I think tips the scales in the TRX's favor.

With that, Wolf's SCX10 is not a good comparison rig to put up against the box-stock TRX4, and really should be a box-stock RTR, or a per-instructions-built kit. Wolf has obviously spent some time modifying his rig for performance with things like the mirrored transmission, upgraded shocks and bumper, and the battery tray next to the servo. Don't get me wrong, it is an awesome rig (would like to see what the body looks like too), just not a good RTR comparison.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas9008 View Post
    In Comparison of the SCX10 II and the TRX-4 which one looks better built? I eventually want to buy a Crawler. After all my upgrades are done with my other 3 Traxxas'.
    I've modded my SCX10 II quite a bit, and it's a kit version, so the servo, motor, and a lot of the other bits have been modded. For the curoius, the body I have on it is a Jeep Wrangler Unlimted.

I'm honestly not trying to be biased, but I feel the Traxxas is better built. The plastic parts on the TRX-4 are thicker, and they have a better feel to them. The rock sliders have just the right abmount of flex in them, where as the SCX10 II's are rock hard, and the get caught on things. The SCX10 II's plastic feels more cheap, and it's more brittle. One of the things I hate the most about my SCX10 II is how loud it is. The transmission is kinda poorly thought out, so there's a lot of gear whine from it, and the diffs are helicut so they bind up and create a ton of noise in reverse. Also, there's the frame. The SCX10/II is famous for getting frame twist, to the point I've seen people have to replace the frame rails from them getting so twisted and bent. The frame rails on the TRX-4 are much thicker, and it's amazingly rigid and stiff, and it's got better mounting holes on it to adjust the wheelbase too.

TLDR; The TRX-4 is a better truck.
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 05-25-2017 at 02:39 PM.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

Wow. Thanks for all the Information guys. I guess I'll save for the TRX-4. + I like the Range Rover body More then the body on the SCX10 II (Jeep). (Sorry to all Jeep fans. I love jeeps, and might eventually get a Jeep body for the TRX-4 but I love the Range Rover Body so far.)
    If you ain't getting dirty, you ain't having fun.

Great threads guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jeteffect View Post
    So basically drill down through the bumper mount posts or move winch to one side slightly?
    Yes, pretty much. Looking at it shouldn't be that complex. My only worry is that the plastic that the front bumper is made out of is rather flexable, so putting a heavy load on the bumper might stress it out. Who knows though, time will tell.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Yes, pretty much. Looking at it shouldn't be that complex. My only worry is that the plastic that the front bumper is made out of is rather flexable, so putting a heavy load on the bumper might stress it out. Who knows though, time will tell.
    Yep, we can certainly try right!

Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    Get a longer drill bit...
    I don't think it will be that easy, and it could weaken the front bumper mounts. It should not be that hard to make an adapter plate out of aluminum that bolts into the two holes next to the fairlead, and the hole for the fake winch. I would not be surprised if someone like RC4WD was working on something like this right now.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12