RC Enthusiast

HR dual pickup rudder

Upgrading my M41. Just put on the Hot Racing rudder and noticed it's got a little more play over the stock rudder. Is this normal?

RC Competitor
    I didnt notice any difference. I just installed one last night. Did you re use the little washer piece?

RC Enthusiast
    I'm not sure what washer you are referring to? I pulled the old one off and put the new one. Didn't notice any washer between the mount and the rudder. The new one moves up and down a tad.

RC Competitor
    My stock and HR one move up and down a little. Dont think the washer would make a difference anyway. But there was one on my stock one, didnt notice it til i was putting the HR one on. Its paper thin so wont really make a difference. Think its just there to prevent the rudder from sticking while it turns

RC Enthusiast
    I bought the thinnest small washers I could find. Both brass and nylon. Couldn't fit one in there to shim it up. I'm thinking it's normal and I'm too OCD.

RC Competitor
    Id suspect a little play is normal. But mine did have a very thin paper like washer. Like ibsaid my stock one had some play but thats after maybe 10 runs, never really checked it b4 that