how did this guy get one so early?

this guy has been posting videos for the past 4 days about his TRX4. it was my understanding that only demo models were sent out and they weren't for sale. my LHS has a demo but said they couldn't sell it. stolen? slip someone some cash?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjccc7jt5pI
    youtube: rizzodtheRCvlogger

RC Qualifier
    His latest video. He broke the servo than tried calling Traxxas for warranty. Traxxas wanted to know how he got it too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    https://youtu.be/fT-ojA5C6Z8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure were he got it, but regardless a hobby shop broke the rules by either selling it to him or giving it to him.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

I suspect there were three guns, OH wrong conspiracy thread!
    Owner or manager of a hobby shop.....Cmon man !

Hang up and Drive
    HANG UP AND DRIVE!
    Slash 2wd 4x4
    PRO MT Yeti 4x4

RC poster
    ^I agree he probably owns/manages a hobby shop.

I can't watch his videos. Both the quality and unsteady filming are so bad and his voice is absolutely impossible to listen to.

If he doesn't work at a hobby shop he probably offered one double the price to get one early.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMcE View Post
    I suspect there were three guns, OH wrong conspiracy thread!
    Owner or manager of a hobby shop.....Cmon man !

Hang up and Drive
    Doubtful since he said he called in and talked to customer service, and they asked for a receipt. If he was a dealer/shop he would have called his sales rep, and dealt with it that way.
    Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

His rep would of told him to call CS, that's the warranty

Hang up and Drive
    HANG UP AND DRIVE!
    Slash 2wd 4x4
    PRO MT Yeti 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by BrushedLS View Post
    ^I agree he probably owns/manages a hobby shop.
    well the title of the video is "first trx4 consumer non dealer"

RC poster
    I think he just did that to get more views.

Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    I can't watch his videos. Both the quality and unsteady filming are so bad and his voice is absolutely impossible to listen to.
    Right. I only watched a couple min and was like no.
    If your going to be the first to upload something like this get some better footage. Can't believe with the hype he doesn't have a friend that could roll film. Probably because you guys are right he owns/manages/family with LHS and does not want to be outed.
    Sla2hP4deXSummitRusty2TRX4Bigfoot#14TEC2.0Rally

His rep would of told him to call CS, that's the warranty

Hang up and Drive
    No not really, besides if he was a dealer then he would have provided his account info. Pretty sure I know the process' here.
    Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

You obviously know more about this than I can, yep he stole it.......or something else illegal and devious.
    Could he have gotten it thru Putin ?

Hang up and Drive
    HANG UP AND DRIVE!
    Slash 2wd 4x4
    PRO MT Yeti 4x4

You obviously know more about this than I can, yep he stole it.......or something else illegal and devious.
    Could he have gotten it thru Putin ?

Hang up and Drive
    Well if you want to assume that you can, but we don't have any tin foil hats here.

He said he did not have the sales receipt and doesn't normally keep them, which I find idiotic. For anything electronic, and/or anything with a large price point like a new TRX4, I am keeping the receipt. I bought a DX5R a couple of weeks ago and going through the process of updating my RXs in my RCs, the 2-ch RXs are only $30, but I have the receipts for both I have bought, just in case.

As far as the video goes, I stopped watching when he started on the Traxxas rant.

I do think the steering servo will be the weak link for this RC, 125oz just is not enough torque and will get abused. Minimum for a truck like this should be 200oz.

Quote Originally Posted by nixhex32 View Post
    Well if you want to assume that you can, but we don't have any tin foil hats here.
    Oh, well... um.... I guess I'll just take mine off and putting it back on my sandmich...
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    He said he did not have the sales receipt and doesn't normally keep them, which I find idiotic. For anything electronic, and/or anything with a large price point like a new TRX4, I am keeping the receipt. I bought a DX5R a couple of weeks ago and going through the process of updating my RXs in my RCs, the 2-ch RXs are only $30, but I have the receipts for both I have bought, just in case.

As far as the video goes, I stopped watching when he started on the Traxxas rant.

I do think the steering servo will be the weak link for this RC, 125oz just is not enough torque and will get abused. Minimum for a truck like this should be 200oz.

Oh, well... um.... I guess I'll just take mine off and putting it back on my sandmich...
    What kind of sandwich?

"the video has been removed by the user" lol bummer.

i watched his other videos and i like that you can very clearly see the serial number on the truck. something tells me traxxas knows where each demo model was shipped.

if he was smart, he would have shot and edited all this footage and uploaded it but not publish till the day the truck was released. he'd still be first.

Quote Originally Posted by rizz0d View Post
    "the video has been removed by the user" lol bummer.

i watched his other videos and i like that you can very clearly see the serial number on the truck. something tells me traxxas knows where each demo model was shipped.

if he was smart, he would have shot and edited all this footage and uploaded it but not publish till the day the truck was released. he'd still be first.
    The video is still there for me. EDIT: The first link still works, but the second doesn't.

And did you listen to the video? He doesn't seem all that smart.

Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    The video is still there for me. EDIT: The first link still works, but the second doesn't.

And did you listen to the video? He doesn't seem all that smart.
    I wouldn't call him dumb, but I will say that it seems like he wanted to show off getting his hands on this truck before everyone else and really didn't think the whole thing through.

Quote Originally Posted by nixhex32 View Post
    What kind of sandwich?
    Roast beef and sharp chedda on Sourdough.

Roast beef and sharp chedda on Sourdough.
    Dang that sounds good..... but I just had some Canes chicken.

I wouldn't call him dumb, but I will say that it seems like he wanted to show off getting his hands on this truck before everyone else and really didn't think the whole thing through.
    Exactly. Probably trying to cash in on YouTube money and wanting to be the next Medic.

haha.. The guy doesn't keep receipts for his RC's!?! I bought my RC back in Late October/early November and I still have the Receipt...... Actually, now that I mention it I'm not sure where I placed the receipt.

he just wanted to be the first guy to post videos of the Truck and roll in some extra cash. I can't watch it now, but I hope he doesn't get to many views with a stolen RC Truck like that. (If he stole it) I hope Traxxas tries to track the truck down and see where it went. (If they can)
    If you ain't getting dirty, you ain't having fun.