Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    RC Champion rizz0d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    1,162

    how did this guy get one so early?

    this guy has been posting videos for the past 4 days about his TRX4. it was my understanding that only demo models were sent out and they weren't for sale. my LHS has a demo but said they couldn't sell it. stolen? slip someone some cash?



    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjccc7jt5pI
    youtube: rizzodtheRCvlogger

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Glendive, MT
    Posts
    283
    His latest video. He broke the servo than tried calling Traxxas for warranty. Traxxas wanted to know how he got it too


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Glendive, MT
    Posts
    283
    https://youtu.be/fT-ojA5C6Z8


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Wolfslash16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Riverton Utah
    Posts
    5,642
    I'm not sure were he got it, but regardless a hobby shop broke the rules by either selling it to him or giving it to him.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

  5. #5
    RC Champion MikeMcE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Deep in the Everglades
    Posts
    1,291
    I suspect there were three guns, OH wrong conspiracy thread!
    Owner or manager of a hobby shop.....Cmon man !


    Hang up and Drive
    HANG UP AND DRIVE!
    Slash 2wd 4x4
    PRO MT Yeti 4x4

  6. #6
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    2
    ^I agree he probably owns/manages a hobby shop.

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier JatoTheRipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    773
    I can't watch his videos. Both the quality and unsteady filming are so bad and his voice is absolutely impossible to listen to.

    If he doesn't work at a hobby shop he probably offered one double the price to get one early.

  8. #8
    Traxxas Employee nixhex32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Ft Worth, tx
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMcE View Post
    I suspect there were three guns, OH wrong conspiracy thread!
    Owner or manager of a hobby shop.....Cmon man !


    Hang up and Drive
    Doubtful since he said he called in and talked to customer service, and they asked for a receipt. If he was a dealer/shop he would have called his sales rep, and dealt with it that way.
    Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

  9. #9
    RC Champion MikeMcE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Deep in the Everglades
    Posts
    1,291
    His rep would of told him to call CS, that's the warranty


    Hang up and Drive
    HANG UP AND DRIVE!
    Slash 2wd 4x4
    PRO MT Yeti 4x4

  10. #10
    RC Champion rizz0d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by BrushedLS View Post
    ^I agree he probably owns/manages a hobby shop.
    well the title of the video is "first trx4 consumer non dealer"
    youtube: rizzodtheRCvlogger

  11. #11
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    2
    I think he just did that to get more views.

  12. #12
    RC Qualifier SummitonSlingrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    I can't watch his videos. Both the quality and unsteady filming are so bad and his voice is absolutely impossible to listen to.
    Right. I only watched a couple min and was like no.
    If your going to be the first to upload something like this get some better footage. Can't believe with the hype he doesn't have a friend that could roll film. Probably because you guys are right he owns/manages/family with LHS and does not want to be outed.
    Sla2hP4deXSummitRusty2TRX4Bigfoot#14TEC2.0Rally

  13. #13
    Traxxas Employee nixhex32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Ft Worth, tx
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMcE View Post
    His rep would of told him to call CS, that's the warranty


    Hang up and Drive
    No not really, besides if he was a dealer then he would have provided his account info. Pretty sure I know the process' here.
    Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

  14. #14
    RC Champion MikeMcE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Deep in the Everglades
    Posts
    1,291
    You obviously know more about this than I can, yep he stole it.......or something else illegal and devious.
    Could he have gotten it thru Putin ?


    Hang up and Drive
    HANG UP AND DRIVE!
    Slash 2wd 4x4
    PRO MT Yeti 4x4

  15. #15
    Traxxas Employee nixhex32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Ft Worth, tx
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMcE View Post
    You obviously know more about this than I can, yep he stole it.......or something else illegal and devious.
    Could he have gotten it thru Putin ?


    Hang up and Drive
    Well if you want to assume that you can, but we don't have any tin foil hats here.
    Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

  16. #16
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Greatscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Idaho... Da Sticks!
    Posts
    7,568
    He said he did not have the sales receipt and doesn't normally keep them, which I find idiotic. For anything electronic, and/or anything with a large price point like a new TRX4, I am keeping the receipt. I bought a DX5R a couple of weeks ago and going through the process of updating my RXs in my RCs, the 2-ch RXs are only $30, but I have the receipts for both I have bought, just in case.

    As far as the video goes, I stopped watching when he started on the Traxxas rant.

    I do think the steering servo will be the weak link for this RC, 125oz just is not enough torque and will get abused. Minimum for a truck like this should be 200oz.

    Quote Originally Posted by nixhex32 View Post
    Well if you want to assume that you can, but we don't have any tin foil hats here.
    Oh, well... um.... I guess I'll just take mine off and putting it back on my sandmich...
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

  17. #17
    Traxxas Employee nixhex32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Ft Worth, tx
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    He said he did not have the sales receipt and doesn't normally keep them, which I find idiotic. For anything electronic, and/or anything with a large price point like a new TRX4, I am keeping the receipt. I bought a DX5R a couple of weeks ago and going through the process of updating my RXs in my RCs, the 2-ch RXs are only $30, but I have the receipts for both I have bought, just in case.

    As far as the video goes, I stopped watching when he started on the Traxxas rant.

    I do think the steering servo will be the weak link for this RC, 125oz just is not enough torque and will get abused. Minimum for a truck like this should be 200oz.



    Oh, well... um.... I guess I'll just take mine off and putting it back on my sandmich...
    What kind of sandwich?
    Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

  18. #18
    RC Champion rizz0d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    1,162
    "the video has been removed by the user" lol bummer.

    i watched his other videos and i like that you can very clearly see the serial number on the truck. something tells me traxxas knows where each demo model was shipped.

    if he was smart, he would have shot and edited all this footage and uploaded it but not publish till the day the truck was released. he'd still be first.
    youtube: rizzodtheRCvlogger

  19. #19
    RC Qualifier JatoTheRipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by rizz0d View Post
    "the video has been removed by the user" lol bummer.

    i watched his other videos and i like that you can very clearly see the serial number on the truck. something tells me traxxas knows where each demo model was shipped.

    if he was smart, he would have shot and edited all this footage and uploaded it but not publish till the day the truck was released. he'd still be first.
    The video is still there for me. EDIT: The first link still works, but the second doesn't.

    And did you listen to the video? He doesn't seem all that smart.

  20. #20
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Greatscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Idaho... Da Sticks!
    Posts
    7,568
    Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    The video is still there for me. EDIT: The first link still works, but the second doesn't.

    And did you listen to the video? He doesn't seem all that smart.
    I wouldn't call him dumb, but I will say that it seems like he wanted to show off getting his hands on this truck before everyone else and really didn't think the whole thing through.

    Quote Originally Posted by nixhex32 View Post
    What kind of sandwich?
    Roast beef and sharp chedda on Sourdough.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

  21. #21
    Traxxas Employee nixhex32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Ft Worth, tx
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Roast beef and sharp chedda on Sourdough.
    Dang that sounds good..... but I just had some Canes chicken.
    Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

  22. #22
    RC Qualifier JatoTheRipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    I wouldn't call him dumb, but I will say that it seems like he wanted to show off getting his hands on this truck before everyone else and really didn't think the whole thing through.
    Exactly. Probably trying to cash in on YouTube money and wanting to be the next Medic.

  23. #23
    RC Qualifier Traxxas9008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    496
    haha.. The guy doesn't keep receipts for his RC's!?! I bought my RC back in Late October/early November and I still have the Receipt...... Actually, now that I mention it I'm not sure where I placed the receipt.

    he just wanted to be the first guy to post videos of the Truck and roll in some extra cash. I can't watch it now, but I hope he doesn't get to many views with a stolen RC Truck like that. (If he stole it) I hope Traxxas tries to track the truck down and see where it went. (If they can)
    If you ain't getting dirty, you ain't having fun.

  24. #24
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Greatscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Idaho... Da Sticks!
    Posts
    7,568
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •