RC Competitor

Classic Maxx Axles and center drive shafts......what fits????

Putting this here as I'm hoping it gets more views....

I'm converting my 4910 (originally .15 then converted to 2.5 and finished with a Sirio .18) to brushless using the How2RC SS mount and have almost everything ready to go. I'd like to use the stock CVD's and axles as long as I can but I know that I'm on borrowed time. That being said, what are my options for replacing? I have recently added MIP's X Duties to my Slash and love them. I think MIP makes the front and rear drive shafts but I didn't see axles. What's everyone using??

FWIW I have the WideMaxx kit on it as well as the Big Bore Shocks, all circa 2004ish.

Stay away from the MIP CVD's for the 4910, the pin falls our on the fron CVD and jams into the chassis from the grub screw backing out. I used high temp loctite, put a flat spot on the pin, used heat shrink from a published mod for them. This issue was so popular and it is extremely damaging to the entire driveline... Busted both pinions in both diffs, the main output shaft broke, the bearings in the tranny housing where all out of round, gears chewed up as well.

Now I am speaking of the short 2.5 chassis with the black tranny. Search and you will see a lot of posts about this, I'm not alone on this one.

If you can find a set of 2.5 center dogbones made by Unlimited Engineering on ebay and some drive cups you can get directly from UE, you'll be golden, absolutely the best
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

The UE dog bones and cups are the way to go, it even says they in stock for the short chassis maxx.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

I'm grabbing my wallet. Getting spares... I have had mine since 2005, the difference in the efficiency alone is noticeable on a racing course. More run time = more efficient, I did improve run time with this upgrade.
    All Lives Matter

RC Competitor
    What about drive axles? I didn't see anything on the UE site?

I use the stock 3.3 axles on the wheels... They hold up well and are light.
    All Lives Matter