Traxxas TRX-4 vs. Axial SCX10 II. Video show down.....and the winner is...

Ha ha ha that was awesome, thanks for sharing.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

Interesting.

But, "Traxxas vs Brand X" threads are not generally allowed. They might make an exception for this one, given that the guy dubbed Traxxas the winner.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    Its ok to bend the rules from time to time on comparisons. Videos are always welcomed.

RC Champion
    I would have liked to see the trx with both diffs fully locked. I haven't seen anybody crawl with the esc in crawl mode with the drag brake. would like to see that. great video. thanks for sharing.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

Quote Originally Posted by BRICK57 View Post
    I would have liked to see the trx with both diffs fully locked. I haven't seen anybody crawl with the esc in crawl mode with the drag brake. would like to see that. great video. thanks for sharing.
    Oops - didn't mean to cause an issue with vs video, at all.

On the other hand, it really does illustrate the ability to remotely lock / unlock the diffs of the TRX-4.

It was great seeing the TRX-4 kicking into locked diffs and just crawling right up!

Agreed - I do not think it was in Crawl mode (likely in just Trail mode).

Crawl mode as I understand has immediate reverse, great drag brake and hillbrake.

Quote Originally Posted by BRICK57 View Post
    100% agreed. I thought it made the TRX look bad when he attempted an obstacle without the diffs locked. Also, I am hoping that it had a "crawl mode" on the XL5, which maxxes out the drag break, and turns on instant reverse. Going to have to check out the manual to see if it says anything about that.

Also, I am hoping that it had a "crawl mode" on the XL5, which maxxes out the drag break, and turns on instant reverse. Going to have to check out the manual to see if it says anything about that.
    Crawl mode actually does have instant reverse and drag brake, the drag brake is enough that when you let off the throttle quickly it does a nose stand. Trail mode is adds 50% drag brake, but reverse is still after normal brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Crawl mode actually does have instant reverse and drag brake, the drag brake is enough that when you let off the throttle quickly it does a nose stand. Trail mode is adds 50% drag brake, but reverse is still after normal brakes.
    Yup, just read the manual, pg 19, mode 5. The XL5 has been used in scale trucks a lot, but it has always been the ESC you upgrade out of so you can have a drag brake and instant reverse. With drag brake, instant reverse, 3S capability, and waterproof, I can see this new XL5 being the go-to ESC of choice for brushed rigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Yup, just read the manual, pg 19, mode 5. The XL5 has been used in scale trucks a lot, but it has always been the ESC you upgrade out of so you can have a drag brake and instant reverse. With drag brake, instant reverse, 3S capability, and waterproof, I can see this new XL5 being the go-to ESC of choice for brushed rigs.
    I 100% agree, as long as the price point is decent, the XL-5 HV should sell like hot cakes. It's way better than the AE-5 Axial throws in their brushed RTR's.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Oh yes. This ESC will be a scaler game changer. Everybody will want it. It is capable of up to 3s and many different turns.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Competitor
    If the lockers jump in and out if i want (like my ARB Airlocker) i think its no problem to learn the "shift the locker at the right time" driving style! Ha ha!
    Y.T. =Bachkrabbler, ka4172 , Crawlervideo

Quote Originally Posted by bachkrabbler View Post
    If the lockers jump in and out if i want (like my ARB Airlocker) i think its no problem to learn the "shift the locker at the right time" driving style! Ha ha!
    Operating the T-Lock Differentials
    The switch on top of the transmitter operates the front and rear differential locking mechanism. The differentials can be locked or unlocked at any time during most driving conditions. If the model is stuck and there is wheelspin on a single wheel (one side of an unlocked differential is freewheeling), then release the throttle and allow the wheels to stop before locking the differential.
    For most driving, the TRX-4 will perform best with both differentials unlocked or “open” (T-Lock switch back). This will give TRX-4 maximum steering performance and the tightest possible turning radius, and will also reduce strain on the drive components. If open differentials cause you to lose traction over loose terrain or when traversing an obstacle, you can use the T-Lock switch to lock the front differential or both differentials. Lock the front differential for enhanced climbing ability and traction by moving the T-Lock switch to the middle position. Apply throttle slowly until the T-Lock engages (it will take just a moment), then use the throttle as needed. Lock both differentials for maximum climbing ability and traction by moving the T-Lock switch
    to the forward-most position. As with a full-size 4WD vehicle, TRX-4’s high-speed handling and steering precision are reduced when one or both differentials are locked. Locked differentials can be used at any time, but unlocking the differentials greatly improves vehicle handling during high-speed driving.

Traxxas TRX-4 vs. Axial SCX10 II. Video show down.....and the winner is...

Here's a picture of the Axial scx10 ii and the TRX-4 flexin' it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash 4x4 and Slash VXL owner