Thread: kintec rudder

RC Competitor

kintec rudder

I bought a 5" dual pickup rudder with arm along with a oe sized dual pickup rudder.

Im extremely happy with the latter so I don't think I'm even gonna bother with the former.

Should I sell it or try it? Seems like a lot of work so I'm leaning towards selling

RC Racer
    I would go ahead and take the time to mount the 5" rudder. It's worth it. It also helps the stability of the boat. It's not as much work as most people make it out to be. One of the best upgrades you can do next to the proper trim tabs when it comes to controlling the Spartans.

RC Competitor
    Well, couldn't resist and I went ahead and installed the 5" rudder. I'll hopefully get it on the water soon and see what difference it makes

RC poster
    Curious as to how you ended up mounting your 5" rudder and how you liked it ?

RC Competitor
    I'll get some photos up soon.

For install, I clearanced the oval that kintec machined into the mounting bracket so that the rubber boot surrounding the rudder 's actuator arm fits.

I clearanced it using a pencil grinder and did it from the backside so once mounted the bracket looks untouched. The rubber boot fits pretty snug.

I was able to use all four mounting bolts

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by onegr8greekguy View Post
    I'll get some photos up soon.

For install, I clearanced the oval that kintec machined into the mounting bracket so that the rubber boot surrounding the rudder 's actuator arm fits.

I clearanced it using a pencil grinder and did it from the backside so once mounted the bracket looks untouched. The rubber boot fits pretty snug.

I was able to use all four mounting bolts
    Yeah I really like that it looks so clean . I thought you only mounted it with 3 bolts though .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by F150indy View Post
    Yeah I really like that it looks so clean . I thought you only mounted it with 3 bolts though .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used all four mounting points on the kintek rudder arm