Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    How did it drive with the mini erevo battarary?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sypsp View Post
    How did it drive with the mini erevo battarary?
    Sypsp

Only really tested it in the house as the weather is not good here. Mini Revo Lipo fits into compartment but the bar does not secure it. Need to install a foam spacer to stop it from moving. Performance seems ok as it's a 2s 30s

I have two 3s 5000mah but unfortunately do not fit, just too wide by a few mm's!

I've seen many YouTube videos about the TRX-4 and while it has its limitations, it will suit my style of driving.

Need to wait until next week before I get it out and a little dirty!

Cheers
    Etops

RC poster
    I started my trx4 on some 2s lipo but came across a set of traxxas 3s 6400mah batterys and the charger for them. Only paid $175.00 for both batterys and the charger new in boxes never opened. They are to big for the battery tray but I use a battery strap to hold them in.

Do you guys think these batterys are to much for the TRX 4 stock setup. I have burnt one motor up and no run a Dewalt 12 volt cordless motor.

RC poster
    I have 2 2s batteries and 1 3s. I like 3s better personally but I am coming from a brushless slash history.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by etopsflight View Post
    I have two 3s 5000mah but unfortunately do not fit, just too wide by a few mm's!
    What do you mean they're too big. Mine fit just fine. I wonder if there is a shorter traxxas 3S 5000mah lipo for the stampede.
    Guess who's back.
    Back again.

I run 2S. I've tried 3S and I simply don't see the need for it on the trails.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    I run 2S. I've tried 3S and I simply don't see the need for it on the trails.
    I only run a 3S because I haven't removed any of the Land Rover body accessories. And to jump it occasionally.
    Guess who's back.
    Back again.

RC Enthusiast
    no one mention the efficiency factor?..^^

if you need longer run time, 3s is better than 2s.

higher voltage --> lower current --> fewer energy loss due to heat production

other factors being equal, you can get more run time and cooler electronics by using 3s.

RC Racer
    I havent run often enough to speak to hours of run time. But have 2s 5000mah and 3s 1500mah i like the speed range better on 3s. Crawling is no problem, and On some long stretches of trail or open field let me open it up and feel like im racing. 2s just doesnt have the top speed fun factor.

RC Champion
    Remember to tape up the wheel holes if you gonna run in water. Enjoy!
    2wd Slash VXL, 2wd Slash 9t , E Maxx 2200kv ,Trx4

RC poster
    does anyone knows If I can run my new trx4 using my 2s 2400mah battery?

Quote Originally Posted by franciscop View Post
    does anyone knows If I can run my new trx4 using my 2s 2400mah battery?
    You can run up to 3s on the stock ESC as long you have the right connectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RC Dad View Post
    You can run up to 3s on the stock ESC as long you have the right connectors.

Thanks for answer me.

I just ask because I don't want to spend money buying a new 3s battery as I already have 2s 2400mah.

I thought if I use 2s 2400mah I would get any problem in my ESC and motor. So can I use it (2s 2400mah) without getting any problem?

As long as the battery has the traxxas connector, youíre good to go.

RC poster
    As long as the battery has the traxxas connector, you’re good to go.

The battery is Dean connector but I bought one Deans Male to Traxxas Female Connector Adapter to use on my battery.

One more question: what does mean "stock ESC"?

Stock ESC is the electronic speed controller that comes in the box with the vehicle. For the TRX-4, traxxas uses the XL-5 HV model.

Itís a decent unit, but when it dies, consider purchasing the Hobbywing 1080, if you want to stay with the cheaper brushes motors. If you want to go brushless, check out the Castle Creations Mamba X for 1/10 scale vehicles.

I think the deans/traxxas adapter is probably ok, just keep an eye on your temperatures. Adding in any adapter like that will increase electrical resistance and heat. Itís always better to have the right connectors from the get go. You can always learn to solder.

RC poster
    Stock ESC is the electronic speed controller that comes in the box with the vehicle. For the TRX-4, traxxas uses the XL-5 HV model.

It’s a decent unit, but when it dies, consider purchasing the Hobbywing 1080, if you want to stay with the cheaper brushes motors. If you want to go brushless, check out the Castle Creations Mamba X for 1/10 scale vehicles.

I think the deans/traxxas adapter is probably ok, just keep an eye on your temperatures. Adding in any adapter like that will increase electrical resistance and heat. It’s always better to have the right connectors from the get go. You can always learn to solder.

Ah ok I got you.

Stock ESC is that comes by default.

I will try to learn on YouTube how to solder that connector. Thanks a lot.

You bet! Good luck.

RC Enthusiast
    Ive been running the 3s Protek LiHV shorty packs for the year and half since I built my Defender. Mine weighs at least twice what a stock one does as there are probably only a handfull of original Traxxas parts on it still, so I also opted for the Tekin RX4 and ROC412HD 1800kv motor, so If I wanted to I could go with 4s packs too. With the 3s 4100mah I typically get an hour per battery, so 3 packs keeps me going as long as I need..

RC Champion
    Forever 3S, or 2S with high discharge rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    Forever 3S, or 2S with high discharge rate.
    High discharge rate is usually not needed for crawlers, I would be more concerned with getting a good servo. You can run the TRX4 on the 1/16 scale Lipo packs, that shows there isn't much need for high amp capacity.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Brushless Castle setup. Running 3S

I run 3s with the hobbywing 1080, no problems at all.

RC Champion
    I run 3s with the hobbywing 1080, no problems at all.

I run with it, is an awesome ESC.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    High discharge rate is usually not needed for crawlers, I would be more concerned with getting a good servo. You can run the TRX4 on the 1/16 scale Lipo packs, that shows there isn't much need for high amp capacity.
    I want control, and of course, speed and power too, with high discharge I have all.

Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    I want control, and of course, speed and power too, with high discharge I have all.
    I was just saying no need to spend the extra money for a high C rating battery when its not needed. Use the money saved towards a good servo.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I was just saying no need to spend the extra money for a high C rating battery when its not needed. Use the money saved towards a good servo.
    Oh, OK, I have a good servo installed, 1080 Hobbywing ESC, and a 5 Slot SURPASS 550 12T motor, 12T pinion and 45 spur gear, when programming ESC for speed, I'm happy, and when programming for crawl, I got control. I use my high discharge batteries in Short Course and others RC's too, are very useful or all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12