RC Competitor

Opinions on boat setup.

Curious to what you guys think or how you may have your boats setup.

I am starting to try new stuff. Boat ran good and stable on 6s with batteries all the way up front and prop angle slightly below even with the boat. I run my boat at a 2 acre pond that is usually like glass most times. Trying to see whats the fastes i can go without a prop change.

Wondering if maybe moving batteries to the back and keep same prop angle would be good. Or maybe have prop angle even with boat or slightly above the bottom of the boat with the batteries forward. I guess i can try either or and see for myself but what are your experiences or obersations thus far. Ive only had the boat about a month or little longer.

Should i adjust trim tabs? Mine are even with the hull. Should i remove trim tabs?

RC Competitor
    Last two days i took the boat out. First day had prop angle a little higher than the bottom of the hull with batteries in the back. Getting too much air and front end bouncing. I have an octura x442 prop. Boat almost flipped over at one point on almost glass water. Same prop angle with batteries just before half way up. No flippage but alot of air and bouncing in the front end.

2nd run was same prop angle. Batteries a little further than half way. Still bouncing in the front. Sometimes the front was steady up and almost seemed like onky the prop and rudder were in the water. Weird, it was like a hydrofoil.

Trim tabs all even with hull on all these runs. Think next ill try prop angle even with bottom of hull or very slightly lower and have the batteries close to the back. Not using gps so its hard to tell what faster but im going for as fast as i can with good stability. Thinkin may need a prop change soon.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BburlTM41 View Post
    Last two days i took the boat out. First day had prop angle a little higher than the bottom of the hull with batteries in the back. Getting too much air and front end bouncing. I have an octura x442 prop. Boat almost flipped over at one point on almost glass water. Same prop angle with batteries just before half way up. No flippage but alot of air and bouncing in the front end.

2nd run was same prop angle. Batteries a little further than half way. Still bouncing in the front. Sometimes the front was steady up and almost seemed like onky the prop and rudder were in the water. Weird, it was like a hydrofoil.

Trim tabs all even with hull on all these runs. Think next ill try prop angle even with bottom of hull or very slightly lower and have the batteries close to the back. Not using gps so its hard to tell what faster but im going for as fast as i can with good stability. Thinkin may need a prop change soon.
    Sounds like your second setup was the one for that day , keep in mind you will reach a max point where the hull will handle no more speed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Ya today i am going to angle the prop down a bit and move the batteries closer to the front, feel like that would give me the best speed and stability.

RC Racer
    Lipos all the way to the front for me. I moved them back once and flipped my boat. I use large 8200 and 9000 lipos, so they're huge and heavy, so they sit all the way to the front to keep the boat balanced well. And I keep my rudder angle at 2, the default. I tried 1 and I was bouncing up and down pretty hard.