Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    RC Competitor
    Today I came in 2nd at the 3rd comp I have gone too.

RC poster
    Hi There

Going to be doing my first tear down on my TRX-4 and wanting to do a thorough clean and re grease.

Anyone used MolyGrease Before? This is what I plan on using - http://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/Prod...-Tub-500g/1935

its highly water resistant and protects against rust and corrosion only issue is that it contains tackifiers which makes it sticky but seeing as its inside a mostly sealed diff or portal housing I don't think it should attract much grit.

I have a tub of it laying around that I use for slide pins on automotive applications. And was wondering if its ok to use in the Diffs and Portal housings for the TRX-4

Thanks Heaps
    Last edited by Shaz; 07-08-2018 at 06:57 PM.

Yesterday, I finally found my LHS and they had the Bronco out and I took a look at it. The TRX-4 is awesome!
    Cant wait for the day I get one.
    If you ain't getting dirty, you ain't having fun.

RC Enthusiast
    I did brass

https://youtu.be/T4Dt4c2nXgw

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Made an impulse buy at my lhs today, went in for tires for my erevo and saw the traxxas light kit and couldnt resist, pretty impressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Well it's bright for sure!!! Is it really waterproof? Well, have seals around the front light sets? I can see from the pics of the kit that they didn't make it nowhere near as nice as the DEFENDER kit unfortunately...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    picked up my trx4 last weekend ,it took me 20 hrs to build it lol.had hand surgery on right hand wednesday 2 days b4 getting this awesome rig ,im glad to have one .we just recieved 4 inches of snow here where i live ,guys i cant bring myself to take it outside yet,lol dumb i know , im having one issue getting the front locker to actuate with the cover on .with it off there isnt a problem ,must need to clearance one side a little. i cant feel an abnormality or see it but it has to have 1.any ideas ? mine has the BRONCO body on it for right now ,which i like a lot, i will get the defender body as soon as LHS gets one. are there other direct fit bodies available? wife already told me no more running over christmas presents , dang!

RC Racer
    I had mine last year and running in the snow is one of the best things with these. They don’t get dirty and usually end up cleaner when your done. Lots of fun! One thing to keep in mind when driving in snow is it’s better to let your trx-4 sit outside to cool down everything before driving it in the snow or else the snow will melt and stick to all the warm parts. If it’s cold before you drive it, the snow will mostly just fall off when your done.

RC Enthusiast
    Cut the bed off. Moved electronics turnd battery sideways and lower....Turning into a Sport Truggy..

RC Qualifier
    What did we do with our trx4 today? That's easy add another one to the collection since it was the boys bday. Running the defender and bronco side by side was fun. Can't wait till summer to take them both out on the trails.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

I decided to 3d print Knight Customs Interior. Seeing he was so generous to share the file. Though I am new to printing and are still learning. It came out pretty good. I am going to paint it once the dash and shifter arrive. It simply clips into the body. I also installed a new servo and Traxxas BEC. I also installed the light kit and rock lights. I am really impressed how it all went together. Super easy. I also printed the remote on off switch which work pretty good. That uses the same bolts as the esc, so its very secure.

UDR, Xmaxx, Rally, Slash 4X4, TRX-4, Summit 1/16

RC Qualifier
    It was time to get out and hit a trail, even if it was a fast one. Before you know it, it was going dark and cold. Had a great time still. Now just need to fix up some lights on a few trucks for when the sun goes down.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Here's some mods I made to my TRX4 Sport...decided on the Sport because was just going strictly crawler. Didn't want all the extra servos and weight of the Defender body, plus Im more of a Jeep guy.

Basically did everything at once:
    Over/Under gears
    Some Brass weights, Diff cover
    Metal servo horn
    Savox Servo
    Front and rear bumpers direct mounted to frame for a nice fit
    Raised up the side skid rails
    Proline Jeep body
    Proline Hyrax 5.7 tires mounted on HR 2.2 wheels
    MIP Wheel spacer kit
    ...and some other random cutting and re-adjusting...

Cut the Jeep body fenders and the Traxxas body skid rails to fit 5.7 tires

Moved the battery to sit sideways and lower, cut the ends of the battery tray and mounted them to the chassis, moved the esc so its easier to power on/off with the body on the frame, mounted the receiver up front to the servo with velcro...this also eliminates the need for an extension wire. (this picture was taken before I cut the skid rails to fit the bigger tires)

couple action shots...

Crawling in Little Moab

Backyard test boulder field...sanded off some of the old paint that was chipping away on the inside of the body and added some color/rust

Pretty stoked on how it turned out and what this thing is capable of, been having a blast crawling it!
    Last edited by RustyTaco; 01-15-2019 at 05:39 PM.

I unboxed the red TRX4 Defender that UPS delivered today and took it for a spin. It's pretty impressive.

I also received the Power HD WP-23KG servo, 6" servo wire extension and a HR servo arm. Instead of using a BEC I ordered a Hobbywing Quikrun WB1080 ESC which should be here on Monday.

Hopefully that should make a pretty good combination and handle the increased servo load.

Was a tactical edition now it's a craptical edition.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier

RC poster
    Red Rocks day

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by rider4lifef4l View Post
    Red Rocks day

Thats incredibly realistic. Well done.

RC poster
    I didn't officialy "do anything" with my TRX4 today. But i did just buy 4 x TRX4 sports and one Bronco. Now two weeks of painful waiting for them to arrive. So looking forward to the new family hobby

RC Qualifier
    Nice! I bought a pair of TRX-4 Defenders for the same and even my wife wants to drive them! That is a first in over 22 years of being with her. There is something quite fun about driving these things over technically challenging terrain. My 7 year old has taken to it like a duck to water....great throttle control. You are all going to have a blast. It is quite a bit more fun with more than one.

RC poster
    Just ran my trx4 sport today and it did great. Still plenty of battery left when I put it away. Works better than my redcats; xbe, xte pro. This is my first traxxas, and it is a high quality rc. I have all the add ons for it except lights, which will be later. Just got the spare tire holder for the back today. Still have to put the inner fenders on. I plan on getting another body and painting it myself.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivike View Post
    I didn't officialy "do anything" with my TRX4 today. But i did just buy 4 x TRX4 sports and one Bronco. Now two weeks of painful waiting for them to arrive. So looking forward to the new family hobby
    Talk about ALL IN !
    Sounds like fun.

RC Qualifier
    yeah, PLENTY of battery! That is one of the things I love about this truck. I can run for a LONG time....way longer than my attention span. I always hated (as a boy) running my Tamiya Subaru Brat and only getting about 5-10 minutes of run time and then waiting to charge it (I couldnt afford to have lots of batteries). I also couldnt run my Brat slow because of its old 3 speed resistor style speed controller....would burn up!

The TRX-4 is awesome. I say the same thing about the UDR. I dont know how Traxxas is going to top themselves when it comes time to revise these 2 designs.....they are awesome as is.

I just tested out underdrive gears in the rear diff..wow
    Overdrive is going in the front for sure now.I am climbing some ledges that I could not even get to before without flipping or it unweighting the front and slipping off the line.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    After a year of owning this thing, finally went to a local event today, felt like i did pretty good
    So much fun. Wish i took more pictures.
    I guess half of this hobby is learning to take good pics hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those look pretty good to me man.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC poster
    Night run

Well, I ordered a TRX 6 that arrived today, which was bent, broken and had snapped rods and axels. Bad day for me

RC poster
    New body for the sport

RC Competitor
    A simple job for me this morning i wax polished the bodies of my TRX 4s with Autoglym car polish, now they shine.

RC Enthusiast
    It’s great to see all these photos of folks enjoying the hobby!

I’m new here and just getting started, and will post photos later.

Added generic front/rear bumper lights and stock rock lights to Rocky (Tactical Unit).

Added stock head/tail lights and rock lights to Bronco.

Also ordered some Proline Hyrax tires and bead lock wheels for him.

RC Competitor
    Today i fitted the hi/low light switch and chrome push bar to the Bronco.

RC Competitor

What did you do with your TRX-4 today?

My TRX6 is an absolute blast to drive. I upgraded it with the Traxxas 400 oz servo with the 2262 BEC and metal servo arm. Added full telemetry. A 9T pinion for crawling. Skid plates. An ESC fan and motor heat sink. And a separate 6V BEC for a winch and extra lights later on. And new PL tires and Injora wheels. On the trail it preformed flawlessly.
    Last edited by miltonpoulos; 10-03-2019 at 01:12 PM.

RC Competitor
    Today i removed the diff covers from the defender and G500 for a check over and add a little grease, all good now.

I decided to install the HobbyWing WP 1080 esc. I can't believe for $41 you get the esc and the programmer. I did solder on a plug for the accessories, Traxxas Light kit, Traxxas BEC and the Sound kit. Truck performs so much better and tons of adjustments.

RC Enthusiast
    Got a red Sport today, mostly let my 3yr old son crash it a bit - my lot is just flat grass so I won't get a chance to work it out until I go to the park this weekend. Tossed on a 20kg servo and a Traxxas metal horn and then set the endpoints just now.

For mods I'm planning on OD up front, front portal covers, and brass hexes to start. I don't want to go too nuts

RC Competitor
    Yesterday it was the Blue G500s turn, i fitted a set of Fastrax heavyweight beadlocks and Proline BF Goodrich Krawler tires in predator compound, each one weighs 7.5oz.

RC Enthusiast

Took it out today for its first outing, wow what a great truck! Definitely going to spring for a good servo ASAP, the 20kg isn't enough.

I found this cool trailer to 3d print on thingivers. Came out pretty good. Lots of details. Pretty strong too. I only needed some hardware, bearings and a set of wheels. The leaf springs work great too. They even include a stiffer set which you can mix.

RC Enthusiast
    That's really nice looking.

Removed the rear bumper entirely and removed the large section of front bumper, I left the inner crosspiece so there is something to hit before the frame rail. Will give better approach angles as I got hung up (as expected) a few times on Saturday. Looking forward to upgrading with a little bit of weight (thinking front portal covers and brass hexes) and a beast servo (Promodeler 470 most likely) in the near term to get a bit more performance.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast