Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    I brought one home from a LHS in Asheville, NC.

Quote Originally Posted by gfmucci View Post
    Well then, congratulations! Have fun.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Well then, congratulations! Have fun.
    Thanks. Unboxing today. I hope the Android version of Traxxas Link works soon.

"Alt 248 on the number pad = " Well indeed it does.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gfmucci View Post
    Have fun and mod the crap out of it!!!!!

RC Racer
    I ran it up and down a couple of 50 embankments on my property (sweet) and then stared at the naked chassis for a half hour in the garage. I noted three interesting features:

1) The unused lead that comes out of the speed controller that, according to the manual (Q. Who reads the manual? A. I do.) is designed to be used for a future light system (several threads describe possibilities, including a Traxxas system out ?soon?),
    2) The two screw studs on the left side behind the speed controller - I have no idea what they are intended for. What might you guys be using them for now or in the future?, and
    3) An extra body mount adapter provided in the packaging. Anyone using it yet? Please describe.

I am impressed with the jitter-free low speed performance - that really adds to the realism. It reminds me of the $$$$ model train transformer and engine combos that allow a consist to roll at scale 2-3 mph. But not quite there until Traxxas designs a strobe or other RPM sensing system in the motor or gearing that varies the power into the motor to keep an absolutely constant speed, despite the terrain it encounters. On second thought, that feature would remove the realistic driving qualities of the machine.
    Last edited by gfmucci; 07-09-2017 at 08:46 PM.

RC Champion
    Installed a Futaba S9177SV servo w/ Vanquish servo horn and castle 10a bec.

RC poster
    I love my TRX4 byTraxxas scale trailing it the best for fun and doing videos I now have three bodies for the one chassis.

RC poster
    Hey xxx, I've seen and enjoy your youtube videos!

RC poster
    My trx4 arrived today, a red one, ordered a grey one, but more red ones available...
    Tried it out in the garden, no rock climbing over here near the coast side of Belgium, but even so a lot of fun (as described by almost everybody on this forum!) I'm sure this weekend I'll be draining the two batteries (2s lipo) several times:-)

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbvox View Post
    My trx4 arrived today, a red one, ordered a grey one, but more red ones available...
    Tried it out in the garden, no rock climbing over here near the coast side of Belgium, but even so a lot of fun (as described by almost everybody on this forum!) I'm sure this weekend I'll be draining the two batteries (2s lipo) several times:-)
    Congrats! Enjoy and post some pics if you'd like.

RC Racer
    xxx rc garage -- Very nice setup you have there, and I have watched your youtube videos too. Very cool!

RC Racer
    Fr8ture -- Question about the BEC you added. Is your steering powered up, even while the truck is off. Like when you plug in the battery is the steering activated? Just curious if that is the characteristic of the BEC.

And, how are you enjoying your steering with the new setup?

RC poster
    installed lightbar (proline 6") and 2x5mm white front lights and 2x3mm red rear lights, very simple connected to the free ch 1 on the receiver. so I have light while waiting for the traxxas light set...
    Also added some homemade belgium license plates.
    have also ordered the warn winch with remote control and the rc4wd jack to replace the fake one on the back.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerNate87 View Post
    Fr8ture -- Question about the BEC you added. Is your steering powered up, even while the truck is off. Like when you plug in the battery is the steering activated? Just curious if that is the characteristic of the BEC.

And, how are you enjoying your steering with the new setup?
    Yes

I love it of course it's 500+ Oz vs like 150oz.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RC Racer

Did an early morning run. Planning on doing a late evening run before dark. I really love this thing. Looking forward to the Traxxas light set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RC Competitor
    Went to my first recon g6 over the weekend made it to the top of the hardest climb in a pouring rain on friday! TRX4 power! Lol
    https://m.facebook.com/events/229823...ef=98&__tn__=H
    Last edited by Solo1; 07-16-2017 at 10:25 AM.

RC poster
    I got some pallets dropped off at my house that I plan to use in my backyard trail. Can't wait to get started on it.

RC Qualifier
    Really enjoying this new truck is all. Made a short run this morning before work. It's a difference between night and day driving the two trucks. If in get time this weekend maybe make a trip out with the trx-4 and the summit side by side.

RC poster
    Yesterday I put a new metal bumper on and finished fine tuning some 3D printed parts for it. Unfortunately I cant drive it right now as the motor is dead and Traxxas hasnt had the motors in stock to ship out.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by xxx rc garage View Post
    I love my TRX4 byTraxxas scale trailing it the best for fun and doing videos I now have three bodies for the one chassis.
    Where did you get those cables leading from the hood to the windshield? Did you fabricate them yourself? If so, can you post how? Sick TRX4. I'm almost done with mine (for now). Waiting for a light kit and rear bumper. Can't wait to post photos and get feedback from everyone.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by xxx rc garage View Post
    What winch and front bumper do you recommend? How are you running it? I am already using the Batt port on the receiver and the JST off of the ESC for my lighting. Proline 6" light bar, rock lghts and Powershift RC light kit for the front and rear body lights.

RC poster

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Yesterday finally got a chance to make a good run with this new truck. Also took along the summit and other stuff to make it a good time. There's definitely a difference between night and day driving this and the summit. I have to pick my lines more carefully, learn what I can and can't do with this rig. It's going to be a new learning curve for me driving this thing. Can't wait to run it again

Found a $15 Kayak/Canoe at Bass Pro Shops in the kids toy section

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Big Cottonwood Canyon Creek bed.

Sla2hP4deXSummitRusty2TRX4Bigfoot#14TEC2.0Rally

RC Competitor
    Went to the northeast national with my mostly stock trx4 saturday it was also my first comp and finished 13 th out of 26 while giving away 40 points to the compition in scale points! Cleaned the first 3 courses and caught a gate on the last course on a climb most were winching. So im working on getting the last 20 scale points i nedd watch out next time!!! Go Trx4 !!!!

RC Competitor
    Just an update to the above if i could have had the full 30 scale points would have finished in a tie for second dont know the tie would have gone

I still haven't changed anything on mine from when I last posted. I'm changing up a few things now, but I'll save it all for one larger post.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

RC poster
    Are the stock wheels beadlocks?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cancun Tom View Post
    Are the stock wheels beadlocks?
    Negative, Glue ons.

RC poster
    Hello community

I'm from Greece and yesterday i run my TRX4 in my appartment for the first time. My previous rigs were SCX10 i and Wraith. I sold them to buy the new TRX4. After a 10 minute run and a few swifts changing the transmission servo died.......
    I'm waiting the answer for the support center. Till then i changed the stock wheels and tires. Hope you like them
    Last edited by ntallisp; 08-25-2017 at 05:04 AM.

nice Game wheels. It stinks that you had a servo fail already. I had a rear locker servo fail 2x on me. I called traxxas and they sent me not one but two new ones. Now I have a backup. I think if there not installed in the proper position they heat up and fail fast.

here is my trx4 in grey with the white Gmade's

Quote Originally Posted by ntallisp View Post
    Hello community

I'm from Greece and yesterday i run my TRX4 in my appartment for the first time. My previous rigs were SCX10 i and Wraith. I sold them to buy the new TRX4. After a 10 minute run and a few swifts changing the transmission servo died.......
    I'm waiting the answer for the support center. Till then i changed the stock wheels and tires. Hope you like them
    Slash, Stampede,Craniac,X2 TRX4 ,ford gt 4 tec 2.0

RC poster
    Same wheel-Tire Set up !!!!!!

.....I'm thinking changing the stock steering servo with a better one after a few runs in order to see the stock one. As i read through out several owners it is not a challenging servo for outfield use. I gonna see how works out there and then see my options. I have a spare Savox SW-0231mg and probably that could be my first option as a sterring servo.

RC Racer
    Im using the savox 0231 in my trx4 and its working great.alot more power and speed than the stock servo. Alot of people are using stronger servos but its working good for me

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Atonimo View Post
    Im using the savox 0231 in my trx4 and its working great.alot more power and speed than the stock servo. Alot of people are using stronger servos but its working good for me

Thanks a lot my friend. !!!!! I will swap the stock servo asap with the Savox one

I ran mine threw some water.

https://youtu.be/r81Fe_SJ2_g
    Slash, Stampede,Craniac,X2 TRX4 ,ford gt 4 tec 2.0

RC poster
    Backyard fun in the rain today. Added a fire extinguisher to the top rack earlier which now seems a bit ironic.

RC Qualifier
    Went out with the kids today and made the first trail run with the trx-4 and others. Had lots of fun and made a bad day good. Got lots of good comments from others passing by and even some other fellow rc'ers as well

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Went out to the same trail head today and had a awesome time. Still learning how to drive this truck. Waiting for the next adventure.

We even had a run in with two forest service rangers on the trail. We had a quick little chat about respecting the trail, other people and not driving in the wilderness areas oh and doing all this while having fun too.

We never had any problems with anyone telling us to get off the trail or that we we disrespectful to them. So far we have had good experiences with other hikers on the trail. We do get lots of comments like looks like lots of fun. Will the trucks make it to the top and back. Where did we get them and how much. Not trying to sound like I'm bashing the forest service or anything, have lots of respect for the work they do for us.

RC Qualifier
    Oops forgot the pictures

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast