Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Competitor
    No pics, but I added the Bluetooth module to the transmitter and installed the temp and voltage sensor. I also have added the Castle Creations waterproof BEC 2.0...had my LHS program it to output 6 volts, can tell a difference on the servo, not huge but a noticeable difference.

I also installed the RC4WD Warn winch and remote controller. Been looking at scale accessories to put in the luggage rack too.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoJac View Post
    No pics, but I added the Bluetooth module to the transmitter and installed the temp and voltage sensor. I also have added the Castle Creations waterproof BEC 2.0...had my LHS program it to output 6 volts, can tell a difference on the servo, not huge but a noticeable difference.

I also installed the RC4WD Warn winch and remote controller. Been looking at scale accessories to put in the luggage rack too.
    I also have the link installed, great to be able to make adjustments on the fly... in doubt over the telemetry though... 😳
    Did you use the telemetry expander with plug and play sensors? Or did you use the receiver and standard sensors?

Love the idea of adding GPS, just because I somehow feel I really should... 😆
    Pretty costly though, means I need the expander and GPS unit... but the idea of having a working dash on my I-phone with GPS speed and temp/voltage gets me pretty excited...
    I'm a real gadget/tech geek kind of guy, so I guess somewhere after the lights are installed it's going to happen at some point! 😁

RC Competitor
    I did not bother with the expander module, I just plugged right into the volt/temp port on the receiver. I originally thought about doing the expander but being a crawler I do not have a need for rpm or mph, although the expander would allow for multiple temp sensors such as the heatsink on the esc. In the app I deleted all the gauges and rebuilt the dash with just the slider style volt and temp gauges.
    In my case i use XT90 connectors on all my rc's so I cut off the Traxxas connector and just soldered the power tap into my esc XT90.

Here are the parts I purchased.

Traxxas 6521 Temperature and Voltage Sensor, Long
    Traxxas 6535 Temperature Sensor Mount for Electric Motors
    Traxxas 6541 Power Tap Telemetry Connector

RC Competitor
    I did not bother with the expander module, I just plugged right into the volt/temp port on the receiver. I originally thought about doing the expander but being a crawler I do not have a need for rpm or mph, although the expander would allow for multiple temp sensors such as the heatsink on the esc. In the app I deleted all the gauges and rebuilt the dash with just the slider style volt and temp gauges.
    In my case i use XT90 connectors on all my rc's so I cut off the Traxxas connector and just soldered the power tap into my esc XT90.

Here are the parts I purchased.

Traxxas 6521 Temperature and Voltage Sensor, Long
    Traxxas 6535 Temperature Sensor Mount for Electric Motors
    Traxxas 6541 Power Tap Telemetry Connector

Great info, thanks... think I will install the GPS at some point, just because I'm a tech freak... 😉 This could serve as a temporary way to fill up my dash because the light kit is first on my Bucket list for the TRX-4... 😁 So much ideas and plans for this latest addition to my R/C line-up, gotta keep myself under control here... but that's so hard... 😆😬

RC Racer
    Let us know how you enjoy the Telemetry stuff. Sounds awesome.

RC Racer
    Anyone seen any new stuff for the TRX-4 yet??? Anything sort of specific to the TRX-4? Any aftermarket support yet?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerNate87 View Post
    Anyone seen any new stuff for the TRX-4 yet??? Anything sort of specific to the TRX-4? Any aftermarket support yet?
    Still pretty quiet, I have the red diff covers and D-rings on the way but that's about all traxxas has on offer at the moment...

They are focussing on getting everyone their TRX-4 I guess, I still see people all over the globe on forums etc. complaining they don't have theirs yet...

Here in europe (the Netherlands) the scale/crawl scene isn't that big so the aftermarket also isn't...

Would love to get some great scale accessories for on the roof, been looking at some Proline stuff because that's somewhat easier to get my hands on over here.
    RC4WD etc. is hard to get over here, not to mention extremely expensive...

Anyone know some great scale accesories? Links? Maybe I can try to get my hands on it over here... 😊
    Last edited by GuidoS79; 06-30-2017 at 02:43 PM.

RC Racer
    Me too, I have been looking at the Proline Scale Accessories. Can't wait to get an assortment of things, including a scale Kayak.

As far as upgrades in batteries:
    If someone only has a 2s battery, but would like to try a really reasonable 3s battery

The Gens Ace 2200mah 3s lipos 25c (Deans/T-connector - is the one I got) work really well with the TRX-4 ($15.99 with Prime free 2 day Shipping on Amazon). I bought three of these. They are super reasonable, small, light weight, and give a good 30 min run time (and probably up to about 45-50 min run time just crawling in low range.)

https://www.amazon.com/Gens-ace-Batt...ds=Gens+Ace+3s
    Last edited by ExplorerNate87; 06-30-2017 at 03:48 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerNate87 View Post
    Check out https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=Trx4&type= they are adding stuff all the time, I'm considering the Stinger Bumper.

RC Racer
    Thank you ScoJac. I checked it out, very cool. Thank you for finding that and sharing.

RC Enthusiast
    Check out https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=Trx4&type= they are adding stuff all the time, I'm considering the Stinger Bumper.
    That bumper tho!!!!!!!!!!

added some red D rings 2 fans and Bead Locks

Last edited by lotust251; 07-04-2017 at 12:06 PM.
    Slash, Stampede,Craniac,X2 TRX4 ,ford gt 4 tec 2.0

RC Racer
    Nice! Like the fans

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12