Thread: Rustler

RC poster

Rustler

I was driving my Rustler (non-modified, standard) on a gravel trail. I noticed it had gotten stuck on a wooden bar, so I picked it up and set it on the trail.Suddenly, I heard a funny bumpy catching (t-t-t-t-t-t-t) sound coming from the steering servo, so I moved the wheels back so they were straight. Now, when I turn left, it either catches and makes the noise until I move it back, or it has a really bad turning radius. Everything else is fine, it can still turn right. I am assuming there is gravel in it...should i take it to a hobby shop or does anyone know what to do?

Sounds as though you may have stripped the plastic gear in the servo. There is a replacement set available.....
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...&ul_noapp=true
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Gravel can't get in the servo. Once you see it you'll see why. I agree with the gears theory. There are also metal gear options, but they require a little more research

RC poster
    Thanks. I might just get a hobby shop to do it anyways.

You should try to do it yourself. I learned more about my trucks from taking them apart and putting them back together than anything else. Traxxas offers manuals and exploded views to help with the first few times. Just a thought; that's half the fun of this hobby IMO! Good luck with your truck!
    Revo .18TM
    BL Rustler
    Stampede
    HPI Sprint 2

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by chops1sc View Post
    You should try to do it yourself. I learned more about my trucks from taking them apart and putting them back together than anything else. Traxxas offers manuals and exploded views to help with the first few times. Just a thought; that's half the fun of this hobby IMO! Good luck with your truck!
    X2
    Consider working on it yourself to save money and learn what makes your car work. That'll help assess issues down the road...and there will be issues down the road. Also fixing yourself will get you driving again much quicker than paying and waiting for a hobby shop to fix your car. Just my 2.

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    Two things:

Fix it yourself. It's really very easy to do.

For the Traxxas 2075 Servo, I highly recommend using these metal gears: Savox SG-SC0251MG. $13.00. For many years now I have used these gears in all five of my 2075 servos and am very, very happy with them.
    Obstacle Magnet

https://youtu.be/--m-l_cdgGM. https://youtu.be/u0weTNJI5Eg. These videos help me out and it worked well for me

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Good work isn't cheap, cheap work isn't good

Quote Originally Posted by chops1sc View Post
    Chops, Wmorgan, jvogel and myrustlervxl, yall could not have said it any better. Working on them and upgrading when you can is just as fun as driving them. Throw some dollars out there and get yourself some tools and work on it. Very rewarding win you fix it yourself. taking it to the hobby shop is to easy.
    Last edited by lektro; 06-05-2017 at 06:48 PM.
    Choose Life !!!